Thursday, April 19, 2012

Miles and miles and miles........................


The patient is recovering just nicely. Lots of ice and rest and elevation. Makes me laugh cause my Dad is recovering from knee replacement surgery and I talked to him last night - he is doing LOTS of ice, rest, elevation and physio. His entire life is consumed with the recovery. Which is good - he has graduated to walking with a cane and doing very well in physio. He is definitely a physiotherapists dream!!!!

Yesterday was a bizarre day. I mean it felt like Grand Central Station. People were coming to pick stuff up, people were coming to drop stuff off, Joyce came over to quilt her quilt on the long arm and the phone DID NOT stop ringing all day. Marian and Kaylee came over and then left shortly after as Marian did not have all she needed to work.

I did manage to get some work done - a shock with all the comings and goings, but I am getting to all the interruptions.

Can't show you a lot of pictures of what I am doing - NO - you have to come to the CreativFestival to see what I am working on. I am actually enjoying it and in a way I am resurrecting some projects from the past so I am happy about that.

I had a basket of scraps that had been sitting here for a LONG time waiting for me to deal with it. Yesterday was the DAY. Now I needed some of them for my project so it was a great time to attack the basket. I came across this fabric which made me smile and remember some fond memories of when I went to Sheridan College - way way back.

We had to design fabric with repeats and print it. Yards and yards and yards and yards - This is the leftovers from one of my fellow students. Andrew designed this. It brought a smile to my face yesterday because I remember the significance of this fabric (for him). Do you see what the pattern is??????   And do you see that one of the sequences is highlighted?????   Any idea why that is???????

Andrew's fabric - red on white

More of Andrew's fabric - red on red



Did you figure it out??????   Well the number represents years and the highlighted year???   That was the year he was born. That was also the year I graduated from high school!!!!!!!  How bizarre is that.


Also came across this small scrap. This was one of MY fabrics that I designed and printed. Reminds me so much of the paths in the forest in the fall when the leaves are falling on the path. I made a quilt out of the fabric (I'll see if I can find the picture of the quilt) - it got sold and went to Korea or some place like that. I then made a bunch more fabric but BLACK. Oh alright - I will go and find it and take a picture.



Maple leaf fabric made by ME.




See - I can find pretty much anything in a VERY SHORT time. 

Now let's aim for that picture. OK - I don't see it in electronic form - that means I have to go through a stack of photos. Not going to happen today. But I had a quick peek in that area and found something else that I have been looking for!!!   So that was good.


Anyway - I am in HIGH PRODUCTION mode to get stuff ready for my demos at the CreativFestival. Let's just say that there are PILES of this around the floor. It is like an obstacle course around here.




The coordinated

The uglies
 And NO you cannot see what it will all turn out to be. Let's say that I have gone through MILES and MILES and MILES of fabric in the last couple of days. Cutting, pressing, sewing  - then cutting, pressing and sewing again and again. Well you get the picture.


In case you are wondering - here is one of my "to be sorted" scrap baskets. Got rid of one yesterday. Here is another smaller one and there are still THREE bigger ones to go through. Then I NEVER NEVER NEVER want anyone to give me scraps again. I have so many of my own and I generate enough of my own, that I do not want any more. But the best news - I am almost to the end of that sorting process. That is VERY exciting.



Small basket of scraps to sort

And here you can see that I have sorted part of the basket. By colour and then they get put in the scrap box of that colour. 


And the fact that I am NOT starting anything new - it is so nice to finally see everything come together. But it means that I will have MANY MANY years of enjoyment with my stuff. Oh yeah - LOTS of years. And even though I have been working at this new process for FOUR months, I do not see a dent in the 2012 shelf of projects at all. How can that be??????   Well - no worries - I am making progress so I will just be happy with that.


Oh yes - had a chat with Paul last night at LifeTime. I must say that he was PREPARED and seems anxious to fix the things that I mentioned. A couple of things I missed (like the workshops for yoga) - yes they were posted where I said they should go - I just didn't look at the other side of the room. DRAT - but he had pictures of them on his iPhone to show me. I was very impressed. Now to see how things will go with the cycle club, but he agreed with me. Let's just wait and see. I am hopeful????    And I even got someone to go and LOOK in the safe to see about my phone and NO PHONE. I guess it is gone. Well - off to Bell to get things arranged to go back to the old one for good. SUCKS - but not the end of the world. There are worse things that could have happened. Just goes to show that when you get a new phone - DO NOT get rid of the old one. Keep it as a spare or cough up the money for a new one.


On that note - I have my list of things to do today and as usual - it is LONG and I had better get started.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111




No comments:

Post a Comment