Friday, April 27, 2012

My favourite day of the year!

Setup day at the CreativFestival.

Well it is NOT actually my favourite day. It is a LOT of physical work - thank goodness for those dollies - I think I pulled/pushed about 20 of those dollies to the booth location. Unloaded them and then we had to put down the carpet, set up the tables and then finally put out all the product. It is a long process.

BUT I love the day because I get to see old friends (Yes - The Quilt Patch girls are there) and some others from other booths. Even did a little shopping - make sure the vendors set aside a couple of things that I need (OK - so I don't need them, but I WANT them). It's the same thing.

Got to meet new people - if you come - you have to check out the crochet booth. They have this amazing tree made from crochet with the cutest "creatures" inhabiting the tree, beautiful crocheted flowers from around the world. I didn't have a camera with me yesterday, but I will today.

New patterns, new threads, new fabric - and if you are into other crafts - there is lots of that as well.

If you are coming to the show - I am in booth 169 - come and see me.

So after leaving the CreativFestival - had to get to the accountant to sign the income tax papers and sign away my LIFE in money. Oh well - easy come - easy go. And for once the GPS did me WRONG. I am driving around the airport and she is saying GO NORTH on 427. I don't think I should be going NORTH, but I am in that lane and I GO NORTH. IMMEDIATELY she says RECALCULATING. I knew that - why did she say GO NORTH. A couple of KM detour and I arrive at my destination.

Back in the car to get to the printers to pick up the tickets for the Anniversary dinner. ACK - I know why I NEVER take the 401. It is backed up something fierce. What is wrong?????   Oh great - some demonstration with the truckers - MILES ahead of where I am. Call the printer - they close at 5:30 PM. Hmmmmmmmm - I need to get OFF the highway. I finally manage to get off the highway (as did MANY other people). I managed to arrive at the printer with 3 minutes to spare (although he had agreed to stay and wait for me). I left the International Center (where the CreativFestival is - at 3:00 PM). Can you believe - I HATE traffic like that.

Well - now to get a couple of last minute things ready and I'm off for the day.




Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



PS - Hi MOM!!!!!!   It's ME Kaylee.  That lady is in such a rush that she isn't helping me with the blog. But I'm OK. Having fun and bothering EVERYONE!!!!!!   OH yeah - I'm OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment