Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Out with the old - in with the new - wait back with the old!


Oh yes - what a topsy turvy day!!!

Sunday, I lost my phone at the gym. I know - I was so upset. Not upset that I didn't have my phone, but upset that I LOST it. I sent a text after my yoga class, went to have a shower and when I was about to leave, I couldn't find it. Two things - someone picked it up OR more likely it got thrown in the towel bin when I tossed my towel in. You would think that it would be simple - go to the towel bin and have a look. NO - the staff has emptied the towel bin already. Yikes - I track down the attendant and she is just coming back out of the SECRET room where they do all the work. Instead of just going back and looking for the phone - NOPE - she calls OPERATIONS (new name for maintenance/janitorial). Yes they are on the look-out - blah blah blah.

I've been checking at the desk EVERY DAY (OK - so it has only been two days!) but NO PHONE. No one was using the phone - at least not for texts cause I checked on line. And while I miss not making calls on the phone, I miss the alarm, the weather channel and the gym schedule MORE than the phone. I also miss the texting more the calls.

I went to Bell yesterday to see what can be done. Well they offered me a loaner for 6 weeks. OH MY GOD - when she brought it out, I almost died. Do you want to see what she gave me??????


Yep - that would be the loaner on the left and my OLD phone on the right!!!!!!  That is a GOOD incentive to keep at least your LAST cell phone.   Well that was actually a good thing - at least to get a smart phone as a loaner. I was able to connect to the web and download all my connections. I lost all my phone numbers and you know what - I don't really care. I only call a few people and since I call a lot from the car - I used voice anyway so that means I had to remember them. No big deal. See how calm I am!!!!!

I will hang onto the loaner for a couple of weeks and then go in - and just give them my old phone. Hopefully they will do that since it is technically the same phone. Got to check about the warranty and all that stuff. I mean - I just got that new phone a couple of months ago and CANNOT afford to buy a new one. Whether I could or not - I just could not justify laying out that kind of money because I was careless. Oh crap - I am a martyr.

It is just frustrating because I know I lost it at the gym and why hasn't it surfaced yet. And instead of looking through a lost and found - no those items go in a safe and they make a list. Which THEY check. What if someone wrote the description down incorrectly?????    Just annoying. I shall have to ask them more questions today - to see if it will surface. Even it has gone through the wash and dry process - I should be able to get a new one with the warranty I have, but not for a lost phone.


During the day I noticed that my running shoes (which I knew had to be replaced soon - who cares about shoes!!!). Anyway - I noticed that I could see my socks through the tops. Oh dear - I guess the time to replace is NOW. Since the Bell store was busy when I got to the mall, I was on my way to look at something else - passed a shoe store and went with something fun and funky. What do you think?????

I mean - Life is TOO SHORT to goof around with sensible shoes!!!!!   But I will put some arch support in them!!!!

And who could say to these fun and funky socks (not that I need socks) M took the blue and purple ones

Then to keep on the orange kick - look at what Judy bought me...................
An orange spatula!!!!!!  You can never have too many spatulas even if you don't cook much!!!!
 And then at the library a couple of weeks ago, I found this book. Hmmmm - don't know this author - sounds funny - might be a good read. Well it turns out Lisa has been authoring mystery books for many years. Who knew. I haven't read the mysteries, but requested one so I could check it out.

But this book - My Nest Isn't Empty, It just has More closet Space is pretty funny. She lives with FIVE dogs, and two cats - no husband - who needs a husband when you sleep with FIVE dogs. Anyway the book is filled with short vignettes about her life. Some are funny - some are OK. But there is one in particular which I thought was so on the mark. It is called Story Time (in case you see the book in the library or book store). She talks about stories - how we grew up on stories, how stories have been with us all our lives and have survived the ages. Then she talks about how stories are disappearing (we used to have stories on TV - they were soap operas and the Sopranos). Now we have NO stories on the TV. There are contests - think about it - almost every show is some sort of contest!!!!   And what is replacing stories?  - Why GOSSIP of course!!!!    And she is right!!!!!!   Instead of us having storybook heroes - we have real life heroes. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE (OK - you get the picture), but I really hate the celebrity gossip. I mean why do I care what happens to Lyndsay, Brittany, and Paris. I say BRING ON THE STORIES!!!!!!

Oh yes - one more comment about this line - Lisa thinks that the gossip is leaving us empty and unfulfilled. I AGREE!!!!!!!

Anyway - Lisa Scottoline - check her out if you are not already familiar with her books.


And then there was Monday Motivators. We moved to our NEW location yesterday. OH MY GOODNESS - WE ARE IN LOVE with our new space. It is bright, it is airy, it has windows, it has space, it is PERFECT and despite the fact that 16 people were sewing in the room - it wasn't nearly as noisy as our old space.

I arrived early to get the tables set up. Hey if I set them up - then there is NO discussion about their placement. And it WORKED!!!!!!!

The right side of the room

And everyone seemed to fit right in

Room to cut

Room to sew

And not crowded - even with our resident baby in the room

Hi Robbie - such a cute baby!!!!!
 Then we had a couple of visitors.
This is Morgan with her LAP quilt and following in children's logic - this quilt  IS the size of your lap!!!!!

And Lola came for a quick visit as well 

Joyce - learning the ins and out of her new sewing machine and NO MENDING. The world is going to end!!!!!
I did get some serging done. Almost complete the serging part of the 60 gift bags. I have to figure out how to sew faster and more efficient in the group. I am out of practice.

I got all my critical deadlines done!!!!   Still lots to do, but the deadlines are gone for the moment and so nice to be able to breath a bit.

Here is that monster customer quilt I was working on....................


Dragon Star with TWO extra borders

Close up 

TWO more blocks from Farmer's Wife DONE!!!!

Started to sew the last part of the Day and Night quilt together. The blocks (there are 12 of them) will get corners so they become square. 


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!   So nice to just sew and be relaxed. I hope to get Day and Night done and Farmer's Wife up to date by the end of the week. And maybe work on those Border Creek mysteries too. Also got THREE customer quilts to do this week, but two are very small so shouldn't be an issue.

And honestly - I think a worldwide e-mail went out to the animal world about our backyard. Look now............

Hard to see - but the GOLDFINCHES have arrived. I don't remember getting them before, but there were at least THREE  at the feeder

And the ducks - well they have taken up permanent residence. Take a swim and then see what is left on the ground from those messy birds!!!!!


On that note - my NEW OLD phone is telling me that yoga starts in 30 minutes. So I had best get changed and get to the gym. NOTE TO SELF - LEAVE the new old phone in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!











1 comment:

  1. Elaine, did you see the two articles in todays Star about cellphone theft?

    ReplyDelete