Saturday, April 7, 2012

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel??


Next job I get - it is going to be at McDonald's (maybe M will let me have her job). Yes - I may only make $10 an hour (OMG - that would be a RAISE from what I am doing now!!!) but I would work specific hours and then I can come home do whatever I want. Well then I would have time to garden, wash the car, clean the house - you know - whatever I want!!!!

I was at the long arm until 10 PM last night and STILL NOT done this giant quilt. OK - so I did take some time in the afternoon to walk to Timmie's with all MY GIRLS - including M which is rare. And I went to yoga which was great and I need to keep it up because this morning I felt a twinge in the back of my knee - just from not stretching over the past week. Amazing what a week of inactivity can do or NOT do to your body. Can't imagine how people who do no exercise feel. If I didn't do something, my body would completely seize up.

Got up this morning - hmmmmm - do I finish off the magazine articles or do I do something for me.

Well - I compromised because I did BOTH. This little quilt is for me, BUT I am also using it for the magazine article. So I killed two birds with one stone.

This is from the book Day and Night by Eleanor Burns. After you make the big quilt, you  can make two small items with the cut offs. this is the first one. The backing is prepared and the binding is partially made. It is bias - I wonder if I can screw up this one!!!!!

Then I have ONE MORE small quilt to make from the cut off pieces. This thing has been hanging around for years and it is ALMOST done. Yes - this FOCUSING on finishing projects is really working. I am seeing the end of the tunnel and by focusing on finishing these projects - there just is NO TIME to even contemplate starting something new. Now I know how I got into this mess because the old me would have left these small pieces to the side and started something new. Well not the NEW ME.


I also got the borders on my This n That Mystery. Well - almost. I have the last two pieces prepared, but need to sew them on. We are supposed to submit the pictures by today so I can quickly get that done later today. Then to make the binding and backing. Oh yeah - I do NOT even think of putting this away until all those parts are done. The NEW ME is awesome. Oh good grief - I can't believe I just said that. I am so OBNOXIOUS. But progress is being made so I guess being obnoxious (in this case) is a good thing.


This n That Mystery #3
 Now I just need to deal with the QUANTITY of stuff - I can get it done. But chiseling away a bit at a time and I know WHAT NOT to commit to next year.

And look - surprise guests in the pond this morning. Harmless ones - I hope.

Guests

OK - so it is VERY hard to see, but on the rocks just slightly off center is a daddy duck and to the right is the mommy.

On that note - LifeTime is having their FIRST ride for The Cycle Club. Yeah to the bad weather last weekend (when I couldn't ride) and the first ride was rescheduled to today - when I can ride!!!!

So BAH HUMBUG to my deadlines - they will just have to wait until I get home this afternoon!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


No comments:

Post a Comment