Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hungry for Change!!!


The pictures are all downloaded and BACKED UP on the external hard disk. Even got a bit of them organized. Oh boy - that is going to be a LONG job. I need to be dumped on a desert isle with a generator to get that task completed or perhaps it would be easier for me to just take a folder or two per day and get through it!!!!

Oh oh - had a great workout at the gym with the group in the morning. Went for a walk with the girls in the afternoon. I mean how could you not! It was a gorgeous day.

Then it was decision time. Another Burn and Learn session was scheduled at the gym in the evening. This means cycling while watching a documentary OR they had the first session of TEAM UP which is a way to encourage people to get gym friends!!!!!   Which to choose - which to choose?????   I was tired from the workout in the morning, but decided to hit the bike!!!!   I cycled 26 MILES in an hour and a half. Of course it is easy when there are NO HILLS. It was a great workout, BUT the documentary. Yikes - what an eye opener.

Hungry for Change


Now we could say that this is another fad and it will go by the way side. But the message is that we are NO LONGER EATING FOOD, but food related products. Think about that for a minute. I know that while I eat better than a lot of people, I still have BAD habits and the worst is my ADDICTION to sugar. Yes - I am addicted to the damn stuff. I crave it all the time!!!!!   Sounds like a detox is in the picture. I've never done that before.

Well I want to lose 10 pounds before the summer and it doesn't appear that working out is going to make that happen. Working out is maintaining my weight so I am going to have to change my diet. YIKES - I am going to need a LOT of hand holding through this. I don't know how radical I will be in the changes, but I have to do something.

The best part of the evening - when I got off the bike, I ran into Emily who had attended the other event and so she gave me all the scoop!!!!!   Went through the list of events for that project and they are already plugged into the calendar!!!   I might have to give up quilting!!   There will be no more time!  I do think it is a great thing to try and bring like minded people together - it is kind of like finding a date!!  


And there you have it. Yes - I still haven't got to the wild weekend yet, but I am going to seriously try today.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment