Saturday, January 5, 2013

Feeling positively HUMAN again???

Well not quite, but I must say that I am finally getting my appetite back and food tastes like food so eating something makes me feel better!!!!   I know I will need a nap later today, but I actually feel like sewing today!!!!!!

I even took some pictures!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes while I wasn't feeling like sewing, I really have been puttering. Those tables that were a disaster - well they still are, but there is less on them.

Stuff on the tables - a LOT less than there was

More tables that need sorting and that table in the front is my magazine sorting table. Yes - I am still at it and I WILL NOT stop until I get through all The Quilter magazines. Will be working through 2006 today. I am enjoying reading through them and yes there are a few things that I want to keep - mostly for inspiration, not to make. And once this stack is done and in the "out of the door" bags, then I will choose another publication and do the same thing with it and so on until I get through those that I do NOT want to keep. Then there are publications that I do want to keep and will go through those as well. Let's face it - this is a MULTI YEAR job. How AWFUL is that. But if I don't start - my family will be throwing these magazines away without me reading them. The trick will be to NOT add to the problem. So I had REALLY REALLY REALLY better want that magazine or I'll be spending a LOT of time at Chapter's reading them!!!!!

Look - I even have a FREE table - well not free - but clear!!!!


In addition to puttering, I have been doing other stuff.


I made the next practice piece for the long arm class (which is NOT scheduled yet). I took all the other practice pieces, cut off the non quilted part - trimmed them up and sewed them together. Got a nice big practice piece - just have to join the batting today and then that task will be done. The quilted parts were serged and went off to the animal shelter for pet mats. I think I mentioned that last year. 

Have got just over half of Berke's quilt bound. The hand stitching part!!!!!   I either sat and listened to my audio book or I watched a couple of movies. The important thing - I am getting it done - of course he wants it and then I will have to get M's done. Then I have a basket of quilts that need binding - I will try to just keep going and get them done. 


So while I am not at the sewing machine - I am still getting stuff done. And I am going to take it slow again today, but may even attempt to make a block or something.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment