Friday, January 4, 2013

It's all about the FEET!!!!!!


I figure I better get back to blogging even if the posts are small. I just do not have the energy to sit in front of the computer and it was almost 10 AM before I turned the thing on. This cold is driving me crazy. But so far today I am feeling better???

While I have NO INTEREST in the sewing machine, I have been puttering in the studio trying to clean up that whirlwind mess I made before the holidays. The shelf is all organized for 2013 but what to do with the extra stuff that really hasn't had a home in a couple of years. While it has been languishing on the tables for the last couple of weeks, I have sewing guests coming next week and I need the tables. So I puttered around and tried to locate homes for some of the stuff. I may end up using a box or two, but so far I think I am in good shape. I may even have empty project boxes. Oh boy - we better record this!!!!!!!!!!    Don't worry - it is NOT going to be fun or pretty to get the last mess cleaned up, but after that - wow - I'll be singing!!!!!

I did get all the last bits of rulers on the peg board and I MUST be in a funk because I even had to go to Rona to get a couple of posts for the peg board. Then I had to move things around and then I had to move them again. Then I had to find the hole punch and a plastic bag. My body just shuffles along in slow motion, but I got it down and thanks to my small stool so I could sit down while doing all the work!!!!   Honestly I feel like I am about 100 years old!!!!!!!!

The normal me would be popping up to take pictures as I write this, but I just do not have the energy. OH BOY - this is sounding depressing!!!!

Well here is something that you can LAUGH your socks off at.  When I arrived home from the 5 K walk on New Year's Day, I happened to glance down at my feet. Have a look...............

Do you see what I see?????   Yep - those are TWO different running shoes. The one on the left is my old mucky shoes for the garden. I HOPE NO ONE NOTICED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     I certainly did NOT until I was safely back home!!!!


Now there is definitely something wrong with me or perhaps I am getting back to normal. I have been doing PUTTERING jobs. Jobs that I hate under normal circumstances. Jobs that require mental energy - must be that my brain and body aren't talking. Anyway this morning, I repaired a quilt - OK - I just sewed on a bugle bead that had fallen off and then - I mended a pair of socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!



My mended socks


Now don't get me wrong - I could have just bought a new pair, but I LOVE these socks. They fit in my cycle shoes and running shoes just perfect and well - the holes weren't that big (never mind that I have new socks - never opened), but they are NOT THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That should tell you something about my mood!!!!

Now you are wondering about the magazines. I have to say that despite being totally out of it  - I have kept at the magazines and this morning, I am headed into 2005 (started in 2000). I haven't really photocopied anything. Lots of interesting articles, lots of neat patterns, but nothing that I want to keep. SEE WHAT I MEAN!!!!   This is NOT ME. Better get through those magazines and get them out of the house before my real brain wakes up!!!!!!



Oh my - look at the time - it is time for my mid morning nap!!!!!!


Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment: