Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ME - in the kitchen? There must be a mistake!!!!


I am not sure where this whole business of ME not liking to cook has come about. But I guess I promote it all the time!!!!   I don't mind to cook, but given the choice between cooking and doing something else - I would most likely choose the something else!  Well in most cases!!!!

So when LifeTime decided to have a "cooking" competition this past weekend with people from their TEAM classes, I signed up!!!!  I know - why do I do this to myself????   I'm just "looking for a good time!!!"

The timing worked out for me and there I am at the gym on Saturday afternoon. There are THREE TEAMS - Team Boot Camp, Team Fitness and Team Weight Loss. I think the idea was to have THREE people from each team. Well when I arrived and found my team mate (Carol), we realized that they were only going to have TWO teams and so we had to split up. DRAT!!!!!

We were working in the LifeCafe and NO access to the kitchen so you know this is going to be EASY!!!!!  

Anyway - sit back and enjoy - it was a a lot of fun .............


We had to make FOUR different salad dressings in 30 minutes and then make a salad.

Here are the salad ingredients!

The dressing ingredients (we even had recipes for these - how easy is that!!!!)

Our team - (gosh I didn't even get the names of the others - too focused!!!)

Our competition  (that is Carol in the middle)

Hard at work!!!!

Making a mess and loving it!!!!

Isn't this just the best cafe in a gym?????   It really is an amazing place!!!!!
Our FOUR dressings ready to go. Now they would be WAY BETTER if we had had a way to blend, shake or whatever. But stirring just didn't mix the ingredients up enough and a couple tasted only like oil. I even have a feeling that one or two had WAY TOO MUCH oil in them. 

Starting to work on our salad. We had to choose FOUR of the salad ingredients and one of our dressings. 


The competition's salad


Our salad

The competition (OK - so their presentation was nicer!!!!)

The judges with OUR salad (see how they are all smiling)

The judges with the competition salad (see - now they are NOT smiling)

All the cooking participants with the nutritionist in the grey t-shirt in the middle

The competition

Our team and the lady on the extreme right was SUPPOSED to be cooking but she gave her spot up for me. Her name is ELAINE - how cool is that. She took all the pictures. Thanks ELAINE!!!!!!



On our way home from the museum, we had to pass the big thimble in the Toronto fashion district. I am yelling at M to take a picture. I love this even though I already have pictures. She grabs the camera and starts snapping and YUP - we got one!!!!!


Thimble in Toronto's Fashion District



Oh - you want to know who won the competition????   The judges graded them on a scale of 1 - 10. I think they fixed it because the other team won by .5, but that was for their presentation!!!!!!  

Actually we are all winners. I had a lot of fun and I WILL make my own dressings in the future (they are NOT hard) and we got to meet new people. I can't wait until they do it again!!!!!!!!!!!


On that note - I was going to quilt a quilt today, but I am on a roll to get the rest of this mess dealt with and that is what I am going to do today.


Have a good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment