Wednesday, January 9, 2013

How quickly routine settles in!!!!!!!!!!!



Well the internet messed me up a bit yesterday and I was a bit slow getting started in the day, but BACK to the same old same old!!!!!!!!   (I'm kidding - there is NEVER same old same old at our house)
The first customer quilt of the year - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'll get it trimmed later today. 
And the best part - I have a LIST - yes a REAL LIST of quilts that need to be quilted - some for the customers, then some for me, then more customers, then more for me!!!!   HEY - I have THREE quilt shows this year and I have to have stuff to put in them and they had better be FINISHED including labels!!!!!   Hey - I am working on them. I've got plans - I've got lists - I've got schedules!!!!!

Once I finished that - I was in a bit of a funk. I actually have "time on my hands" and what should I do?????  Well I ended up cleaning up more of the tables - the ladies are coming to sew tomorrow - better be ready!!!!


Then I decided to get back to that raffle quilt that NEEDS TO BE DONE NOW!!!!!

Got one more block done - no mistakes. The last time I sewed a block, I was sick with a fever and well - I did a LOT of ripping that day!!!!   Seven blocks to go (in case you are counting!!! )   I cut the red for one more block yesterday and just three more sets of red to cut. The whites are cut. 


Then I had to drive M downtown last night. I had time to kill so hit the Tim Horton's where I was updating my calendar for the month - just LOVE LOVE LOVE my iPad (just needs an USB connector and it would be PERFECT). Funny how days that are EMPTY suddenly get filled. Well - only when you put everything in - like going to the gym. I actually have a nicely balanced schedule and lots of time for the long arm and lots for me. But I can't let it fill any more. That is it - January is BOOKED.


Anyway - I saw this at the Tim's. How neat is this??????


Ordering kiosk at Tim's

 There were THREE stations at the Tim's  (besides this kiosk). One was a regular order station with a real person, one was the drink pick up station and the other was the food pick up station. Pretty neat - I wonder how fast it is????   I didn't try it.

Making slower progress on the magazines - I better aim for getting that stack done by the end of the month - but I am finding that there are a few more things I like as we move forward in the years. BUT - I am going to be ruthless when I make the final cull - DO I NEED IT??????   And the answer is NO!!!!!


On that note - I had better get to the long arm - another quilt awaits me today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment