Thursday, January 17, 2013

TIDY UP time


Yesterday turned out to be a GREAT day. Sometimes when you have these crazy errand days - you just say - this is the way it is and let it go. And that is what I did.

I started off by driving DH to the airport which delayed me for the rest of the day, but that was OK. Then off to the Hobby Horse to drop off my blue floral quilt as a sample for the Hopscotch class.

Next up - lunch with Anna. We usually try to have conversations on our bikes, so was nice to be face to face. So much to catch up on - I really enjoyed myself and NOTE TO SELF  - DO THIS MORE OFTEN, not just with Anna, but with others.

Then it was time to get my hair cut and coloured. Yes - I have been looking a tad drab over the last couple of months - I am NOT good with getting stuff like that done on a regular basis. Had a good chat with Paula - turned out to be a very chatty afternoon with friends rather than running around like an idiot so it really was a great day!!!!

Last stop was supposed to be the sewing machine store to find out about the buttonholes for M's dress, but it was getting late and I still had to pick up the fabric from my house . Got a couple more suggestions about what to try to get the buttonholes to work properly. DAMN KNITS - who sews with knits?????

But the day wasn't over - I went to a spin class (stationery bikes - if you didn't know that) after dinner. Not exactly a spin class, but spin and movie night. It was AWESOME. The documentary was about three guys who RAN across the Sahara Desert in 110 - about 7,300 KM or something like that. A very personal struggle for all three, but it was awesome. I enjoyed myself. Stretched a lot and I was HAPPY!!!!  We rode for 1 1/2 hours. And today - I FEEL AWESOME.


Today - well today (since I have to take M downtown for the afternoon), I decided that I am going to spend the morning getting the rest (or as much as I can of this studio tidied up!!!)

I already started -
Got the batting pieced (used FOUR scraps this time) for the next quilt (MINE) that is ready to be loaded on the machine

I have a bucket that is designated T-shirts quilts. I would just throw the t-shirts in there that I want to use in a quilt, but like all things - it gets FULL. 
So I spend some time hacking off the pieces that I want to keep - well potentially they will get used in the quilt, but I kept everything that had writing on it. 
And this goes in the garbage. Yes  - they would make good rags, but I don't need any. So garbage it is.   Just two more T-shirts to cut and that job is done. 
This is the last table that needs to be cleaned off (see - the T-shirt bucket on the extreme right - a bit over flowing)

The cutting table needs to be tidied again!!!


The sewing table - a few things to tidy up


And the other set of work tables - not much here, but still needs to be tidied up


 So that is the job for today. And you know what - I am EXCITED about doing the tidying. I LOVE doing that kind of stuff. Hopefully after today - well maybe Sunday, things will be totally cleaned up, everything on the shelves that is supposed to be there and ready to get to work for 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


On that note - I am out of here.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment