Tuesday, January 15, 2013

On a roll.......................


Well Sunday was another GORGEOUS day here but I wanted to get some work done. I was up bright and early and loaded a quilt on the machine. And I was done by lunch!!!!!!!


This is a quilt for the community program at one of the guilds - DONE!!!!!


Then I had to share the studio with M while she was working on her dress for school. SHHHHHHHHHHHH!   She isn't supposed to be doing that, but I DID NOT help her. I gave advice, but DID NOT do the work.

I was trying to get bindings, borders and backings prepared and it was hard because she had different needle and thread in the machine. Anyway - she eventually finished and I went back to work. I got the top DONE on the BLUE FLORAL Hopscotch. Doesn't it look great? I really do NOT like this style of fabric, yet I think the quilt turned out amazing.


BLUE FLORAL Hopscotch - DONE   (Don't forget this is a class at Hobby Horse and YOU NEED to take it to get all kinds of tips for speed piecing and cutting)


Then I got CRAZY - I scrounged up THREE scraps of batting, joined them, made the backing for this quilt from leftovers and threw it on the quilting machine. Yep - I was finished quilting it shortly after dinner!!!!!


BLUE FLORAL Hopscotch - DONE!!!!!     (Yikes - the colour in the first photo is more realistic!!)

Backing of the Blue Floral Hopscotch

And how cool is that - I used up a bunch of fabric from my stash for the top, then used the bigger pieces of the same fabric for the backing and three scraps of batting. WOW - that was a good "user upper" quilt!!!!!   Need to make MANY more of them to get the rest of this stuff used up!!!!!

The bindings for the two quilts I quilted on the weekend - just waiting to be sewn. Both quilts are trimmed and just waiting for the binding to be sewn on.  
At some point, the girls and I wondered down to Tim's. I took the GPS so I now need to see if the iPad will recognize downloading the information. Another day for that task. But it is about 2.37 KM to walk to Tim's and back.

This is my little buddy from Monday Motivators. He was getting a bit restless so we played TAG in the hallway. And let's not forget the telephone. Anything to keep him away from the HANDICAP button and TOTAL freedom outside. AH - I remember those days. Just a bundle of energy!!!!



Got all the hand stitching done on this "quilt as you go" project. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!   Now I have to devise a way to add borders and then quilt them. I have a plan - just hope it works and I am going to load it on the long arm and machine quilt those borders!!!!!!!!!!!



This is how to cuddle THREE dogs at once. I thing the BIG BLACK dog has it right. Just snuggle right in here and then I get the most attention!!!!


Getting ready for my Stonehenge class this morning, so I had better go and finish up that.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment