Saturday, January 12, 2013

Time to sign up!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Wow - does it ever take a LONG time to get your calendar in order. Mind you, I hadn't really entered ANY information for a while so it took a bit of time to put in my classes for the next couple of months, but it is DONE. I started using GOOGLE calendar a while back. That way - my calendar is available on the computer at home, on my iPad, on my phone - basically anywhere I can get connection - I can get my calendar. And I get alerts on the iPad, on my phone and on the computer. SOOOOOOOOOOOO   - if I miss an appointment it is because it is NOT in the calendar!!!!!!!  

It seems to work and that is all that counts. It is just a pain to keep it up to date. Well, as I said earlier - January is now set in stone - don't ask me to do anything in January (ooops - I have one more thing to add) but after that - no more!!!!

OK - so I know that I owe a few pictures of show n tell from last year. I don't have time for that this morning, but I thought I would share some of my upcoming stuff with you so you can put it on YOUR calendar!!!!!


Here are the long term classes that I am teaching this year................


The following patterns will be taught as a $10 class at the Hobby Horse Quilt Shop. The class fee is $10. We meet ONCE a month - January to June, then September to November with the final reveal happening in November. These classes will be held on the FOURTH Saturday of the month in the morning. The specific time for each class is still being determined. I assign you homework and you MUST come with the work done for the following month, otherwise you pay an additional $10 to that original class fee!


Garden Party by Buggy Barn. The quilt is mostly applique, measures 84" by 91". YES - we will be changing the flag to a Canadian flag. 

Farm Fresh by Buggy Barn. Again the quilt is mostly applique, measures 68" by 82". YES - we will be changing the flags to Canadian flags.
 Now the idea with the above two is that you choose ONE of the two as they will be done in the same class.






This quilt is called Snow Days by Crabapple Hill.. It measures 66" by 66". It is EMBROIDERY and piecing. 
And there is the continuation of Dear Jane. While the girls have worked on this quilt last year and we WILL finish this year, anyone is welcome to join in. This one has a specific fee associated with the class.  It is NOT a $10 class fee quilt. 




If you are INTERESTED in any of the FOUR quilts mentioned above, PLEASE call the HOBBY HORSE QUILT SHOP to sign up. The phone number is 905-877-9292. The first classes are scheduled for January 26 - (yes - we are going to set the times by Tuesday this week!!!)  There will be FOUR one hour sessions on that fourth Saturday - one for Dear Jane, TWO for Snow Days and one for the Buggy Barn applique quilts.



The other class I am doing over the course of the next year is called Bringing Home the Tree by Seams Like Home.

There is piecing, applique and LOADS of embellishments in this quilt which measures 39 1/2" by 29 1/2"

This is also the $10 class fee format. You pay $10 for the initial class. You get an assignment, you get the homework done and you don't pay. However if you slack off and DO NOT get the homework done, then you pay an additional $10.

This class takes place on the THIRD Saturday at 10:30 AM for ONE HOUR. It also runs from January to June, then September to December with the reveal in December.

I am teaching this at Cockadoodle Quilts as part of the Christmas Club, but since we have done a very specific Christmas quilt in each of the last three years, we went for winter this time!!!!   If you are interested in signing up - call Cockadoodle at 416-785-4449. 

Now if you are interested in learning more about Marti Michell templates, I am running a class at Ruti's Needlebed. That is every two months for 2013. The first class starts January 30 at 10:30 for one hour. There are some pretty interesting ideas coming up for this year. You should check it out. You can call Ruti's to sign up for that............    905-821-9370.



Of course there are LOTS and LOTS of other classes, mostly at The Hobby Horse - you should have a look at the newsletter if you haven't. There is HOPSCOTCH by The Quilt Patch which has become one of my favourite patterns - my new GO TO pattern when I want something quick and easy. There are a couple of quilts that use 2 1/2" strips or jelly rolls, a couple of very neat bags, TWO blouses - one with sleeves and one without (I'm excited to be sewing clothing again!!!!) and of course the old stand by - machine quilting and free motion quilting. NONE of the stuff is very complicated and it is EASY EASY to do. 


I have a few classes that I am going to teach at my house and I will post those tomorrow. I have to get myself together with the final details on that. 


Have a great day and DO NOT FORGET to sign up for a class!!!!!!   The nice thing about those on-going classes is the great social rapport that develops and MANY students have become good friends. It is so much fun. 

OH YES - there is a catch!!!!   In December, I am having an alumni show n tell of ALL the $10 over the past 10 years, It is going to be an amazing show!!!!!!!   I can hardly wait, but I have a LOT of work ahead of me. So I best get started on that. 


And my calendar for this weekend - Imagine not ONE, but TWO days with NOTHING  - yes NOTHING booked. I am going to sew my little heart out and I am NOT letting anyone disturb me. 



Have a great day!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment