Friday, October 25, 2013

I'm OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


For those of you who ONLY look at the pictures - here are a couple of updates in my sewing spree.


YES - I have very limited time and instead of doing what I am supposed to do  - I am sewing!!!!!   On something that doesn't even have a deadline!!!!.  Yep - I have a disease!!!!!!


Anyway - here is what I have done on the NEW scrap quilt - about 1/10 of the way there. I have just about finished cutting those strips on the cutting table - so I think I have enough or very close to finish this. 

And the second set of friendship stars are done. Looks like I have ONE more (big) block cut out. Then I have to start cutting. 


So yesterday was the set-up day for the CreativFestival. It is a lot of physical work - we started off by off-loading the van AND trailer. Took about 15 loads on the dolly to get everything to the booth. Sorry - I took photos with my phone, and I don't have them easily accessible.

Anyway - then the floor was put down, then the tables were set up. Before we put on the table cloths and starting organizing - we (make that I) stand on the tables to hang the stuff on railing at the back of the booth.

I slip off my shoes (yes - I had socks on) and climb on the table. I start hanging - get about two or three items hung and then I shifted my weight to the right to hang the next couple of items.

And waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt - what is happening??????   Yes - that darn table leg was NOT secured and the table started to collapse with ME ON IT!!!!!    Well - I am sure if you had a chance to see it - it would have been pretty funny. I was VERY LUCKY. The table leg that collapsed was closest to my feet so (because I just had socks on), I slide down that table until the table was on an angle and there I was laying on my side ON THE TABLE.

I think I freaked Alma out!!!!    Freaked myself out when I realized what was happening, but I went with it and it was fine!!!!!   Oh dear - NO ONE TO BLAME buy myself since I set up the tables. Let's just say that I checked ALL the tables before I continued!!!!

The funniest part was for the rest of the day whenever I thought about that - I would burst out in laughter!!!!   Ah to have a camera when you need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the show is up. I left at 4:30 PM so I could get home to get to a guild meeting. And that is another story. I had to print the instructions for the second part of the block of the month. I knew my ink cartridges were running low. I had already replaced the black, but not the colours. Wouldn't you know it - I needed the blue as I was printing my blog address and it was blue. (OK - so I could have changed the ink colour on the computer).

I ripped open those boxes of ink (they are VERY WELL sealed) and put them in the printer. Then I slammed (ok gently closed the door) only to hear something that wasn't right. Oh crap - I forgot there was a lever in there you are supposed to clamp down BEFORE closing the printer. Then the printer wouldn't work. Are you kidding me?????   Well I finally figured it out and had to take out a couple of pieces - thank you HP for colour coding all those parts - it was EASY to put back together. And after much whirring and MANY minutes to get the printer back aligned - I was ready to print.

Made it to the guild with about 10 minutes to spare!!!!!!!!!!


On that note - I am out of here. But do come to the CreativFestival. So many neat things!!!!!!   And it is like high school reunion - so many people to catch up on. My favourite store from Moose Jaw is also there!!!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment