Sunday, October 27, 2013

Who doesn't love a GOOD mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!


Day three of the five day marathon over. My throat still has issues, but only first thing in the morning so let's keep our fingers crossed. Yes - someone suggested garlic and Vitamin C - no time to get that!!!!!!!!   Just have to have lots of fruit and water!!!!


I was asked (OK - so I think I actually offered, never thinking they would take me up on it!!! - I should know better) if one of my guilds would prefer to do a mystery quilt this year. And instead of choosing BETWEEN block of the month OR mystery quilt - they chose BOTH. Silly people!!!!!   Anyway - so now I am designing a mystery quilt. Well it is designed. We are going to start on Clue One this week. And they had better be sewing that clue right along with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Or I won't give them the last clue!!!!!


Anyway - here is MY colour selection....................

Colour scheme for Mystery Quilt (that is a light beige on the extreme left)
(for those of you planning to do the mystery - I will be offering suggestions for TWO more colour selections). Just need to tweak them a bit before I post the pictures.

And then I got a CRYPTIC message from Linda W. It was titled BHM and the body said "Ready set go.............."


Wait a minute - what is she talking about????? Perhaps this was meant for someone else?????   NOPE - it was for me. Bonnie Hunter Mystery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    AHA!!!!!!!!!!!! And I should have known that since I did see the link on Bonnie's blog.


Check it out...............

Bonnie Hunter Mystery - it is called Celtic Solstice.  There are TWO sizes this year - yeah!!!!   I will likely make the smaller one (75 inch square) - OH MY GOD - did those words just come out of my mouth??????


Well at least I have the paints chips!!!!!!!!   Thanks Linda for picking those up for me!!!!!!!!!

I believe Bonnie is suggesting the more intense colours plus a background. Got to check out the details. 



I know  - you are thinking - what about that Bonnie Hunter mystery from LAST year?   Is it done????   Well not exactly.................



OK - so all the components are TOGETHER - just need to be stitched together. Hmmm - I have a play date on Wednesday - I could sew on this then??????   But I really really wanted to sew on the NEW scrap quilt????


Oh crap - I can be UNFOCUSED and take BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But I am going to say that getting involved in this mystery is NOT MY FAULT. I blame it all on Linda W and Anne. You see - at class yesterday, Anne brought in this for show n tell.


This is Easy Street - the Bonnie Hunter mystery from LAST YEAR (the one that I am still working on).  Anne's quilt is done!!!!!!!!   and it looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!   DAMN YOU ANNE!!!!!!!!

Oh well - what's a new project??????????    Got to designate that fabric for something! - Right?????

And I found the perfect pattern for some of those strips that are languishing in the drawer. I am certain I bought it a couple of weeks ago and saw it again yesterday (did NOT rebuy it though). Just means that I have to find the one I bought.


Today is the LAST day of CreativFestival. That means we get the FUN task of tearing down the booth at the end of the day. While I love being busy - I HATE when I leave the house early in the morning and get home late at night (for five days in a row!!!!). There is no time or energy to tidy up (I have to save my energy for reading, playing Scrabble and Facebook NOT tidying up the studio or god forbid that I spend my precious time tidying up the kitchen!!!!)

So that means that the studio in particular is getting pretty WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I'll take a couple of pictures - there is NO space to do anything!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment