Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Those WRASKLEY WRABBITS!!!!


What can I say! Those rabbits are driving me crazy. We have a family of rabbits - well we have LOTS of rabbits that live in the back yard and they are helping themselves to my plants!!!!  

See!!!!!!!    There are only a FEW leaves left on these THREE plants

YEP - they have sheared  all the good stuff off!!!!


Now if I was Katniss (the main character in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins that I am reading and have to be finished by tomorrow as it is this month's book for our book club) - I would take my bow and arrow and just shoot the rabbit in the eye (well she shot squirrels in the eye) and then I could take it to market to trade it because I am NOT eating rabbit.


And if thought those outside rabbits were a pain - the rabbits on my Spring quilt are WORSE!!!!!!   I finally got one block done this morning, but not before I sewed the ears on one block wrong - not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES (first time, I sewed TWO left ears on, then I got the tucks in opposite directions and THEN - I sewed a left and a right, but the inside of the ear was NOT the same fabric. Then when I sewed the head to the body - I sewed the WRONG head to the WRONG body. (There are four different fabrics - one for each rabbit).

BUT the good news - I managed to get the inside rabbits under control and the block is DONE. I still have the second block to complete!    But all the ears are done!!!!   Now to find the yo-yo maker to make the white bunny tails. May have to make yo-yos the traditional way. Not sure where to look for the yo-yo maker.


Spring quilt - ALMOST done. But there is a second one to work on as well. 


I confess - I DID NOT get any paperwork done yesterday. OK - so that will have to be part of my day this afternoon. I did get some quilting done.

Customer quilt - DONE

Detail of quilting (I love this pattern - heck - I love the quilt. It is flannel and very snugly!!!)

Got the next one almost loaded and will work on it later today


YIKES - if anyone wants a quilt for Christmas and has NOT gotten it to me or booked a date - TOO LATE!!!!   I have had LOADS of quilts come in or at least booked into the schedule and there is NO ROOM because I don't want to be rushing around at the last minute like I do every year. There may be room for one or two more, but then after that - no room in the schedule until January. Got to be FIRM on that.



This morning - we are having embroidery club. I have loads to embroidery and it is more fun to sit and chat while doing the embroidery so if anyone is interested - well - it is too late for today, but I will be scheduling a couple of Wednesday mornings in November. BUT - Lynn is coming and I bet she is going to be working on her gingerbread embroidery and I can't let her get ahead so look what I prepared last night.

All the words are traced onto the fabric. The stabilizer is ironed on - I have my floss and I am ready to stitch this morning!!!!!    Oh yes -  this gingerbread project wasn't even on the 2013 shelf!!!!!   So much for best laid plans, BUT if I can get this done while working with Lynn - I will be THRILLED

Hard to see with the shadow - but a close up of the words



At the quilt show - we had a boutique where guild members could sell stuff they made or stuff they didn't want any more. In the chaos that is take down - I volunteered to bring all the left over stuff home. I went through the books yesterday to see if there was anything interesting and I found TWO books. I know - I need another book like I need a hole in my head!!!!!!!



Book number one that I bought

Well - I have these other books in the same series!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT A MINUTE - are these two books the same??????   YES - they are. So I am donating the second book to the guild. Hopefully someone will want it. There are some good quilts in it. 

The second book - well it is a booklet on crochets baskets. Now what is funny is that I have a black/white copy of that same booklet, but it is in FRENCH. I also have an English photocopy of the original. I tossed the French copy and the photocopy and for $1 - I get the real thing. OK - so it is a moot point, but why not!!!!   No one else is going to want this booklet. I have those baskets partially made and now I have the real booklet - I am happy!!!!!   (I know - it doesn't take much to make me happy)



I was introduced to the Easy Angle ruler by Bonnie Hunter. Actually I had TWO versions of this ruler way before I heard of Bonnie Hunter - but I had never really used them. After doing Bonnie's mystery quilt last year - well I think the ruler definitely has its place. Matter of fact - we are using it for the Block of the Month quilt that I am doing at a couple of guilds.

But it was Heather B who brought to may attention that there is a CUTE LITTLE Easy Angle ruler.


See - there is the BIG Easy Angle II, the original Easy Angle and then the ITTY BITTY Easy Angle. That little one will be perfect for the Block of the Month and working with jelly rolls. I LOVE IT.   I ordered mine from the Hobby Horse  - have a look around - I am sure other stores will have it. BUT they may have to order it!!!!  
Had to do errands yesterday and I got my townie bike out and zipped off to the mall, the library, and several other places. I LOVE IT. There is NO NEED to find a parking spot - I lock my bike up near the front door - no walking!!!!!   BUT I am going to have to start taking my big bag because I almost didn't have enough room in my bike basket to bring home everything that I bought!!!!!!    OH I LOVE DOING ERRANDS ON THAT BIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I know - got to get that bike bag DONE!!!

And I stopped at Indigo and I think the writing is on the wall. The quilt magazines have been moved (well EVERYTHING in the store has been moved), but the section has been downsized????   Well - I don't buy as much as I used to and probably everyone else is doing the same.


On that note - I have a few minutes that I can sneak in a couple of paper work things BEFORE the ladies arrive for embroidery club.



Have a great  day.


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment