Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pampered Sit n Sew



Even though I have to WORK on the Pampered Sit n Sew days, I have loads of fun. I get to see what people are working on or trying to stay up to date on and I get LOADS of ideas for colours and patterns for future projects for me (that is when I can sneak in something without someone yelling at me!!!!)


The ladies were in fine form yesterday.  Have a look at what they worked on................

Rose (remember - she worked on this quilt at the last sit n sew) - well she got the borders on. This is ONE QUARTER of the quilt. It is huge, but the colours are GORGEOUS. The picture does NOT do justice to the colours!!!!!!!!   I think the pattern is Yellow Brick Road by Atkinson. 
Then she got to work on these blocks. We all fell in love with this pattern. It is called a Disappearing Four Patch. 


Here is a TUTORIAL if you would like to make one of these quilts.   It is a GREAT way to use up charm packs or layer cakes!!!!!!!!!!!!    I SO WANT to make one. But I can't - not yet.


Jan and Jennifer were both working on their blocks for the Snow Days quilt. I had to be on my toes so that I gave back the right block to the right person. That is Jan's on the left and Jennifer's on the right!!!

Jan was also working on this small quilt and she would give me the rows to press. I asked what direction to press and she said she was marking the row numbers with pins and I should press in the direction the pins were pointing. I took a look at her pins and thought - WOW - must be some secret code that she is using because that does NOT look like a six. THEN it dawned on me - she was using the pins to write the numbers in ROMAN NUMERALS.  How clever!!!!   It took me up to ROW SIX before I figured it out!!!!!!!!

Linda P was working on this GORGEOUS quilt that we all COVETED!!!!   It is called Family Tree by Edyta Sitar.



Family Tree


I JUST LOVE LOVE LOVE Edyta's quilts. This is one of those PRE-CUT with the FUSIBLE already on it. All you do it cut the backgrounds, fuse down the applique and stitch it down. And there is a LOT of stitching. NO - we do not consider it cheating!!!!!!!!!!   It is still TONS of work.


Anyway - Linda managed to get the center block done as well as TWO more blocks.

Linda's second block - there is one more. I didn't get a picture. 


I bit the bullet and bought one of her patterns that are already cut. Haven't had a chance to get started yet.


Spring Bouquet - I believe this is the one that I have. 



Pat was working on a transportation quilt for one of her grandchildren. There is a LOT of detail in this quilt and it looks awesome. 



Linda W was working on BIG mitts to be used instead of stockings for Christmas. Pretty cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And ANOTHER use for those charm packs. Just randomly sew them together to get a gorgeous quilt top. We all wanted to make this one!!!!!!!!!!!!   This is Linda W. 


Tish was working on a shirt. YES - she started out by cutting out the pattern and then sewing it. She would have finished the shirt if she hadn't run into difficulty with the instructions. WOW - I could never sew a shirt in a day!!!!!!!!!!!!   Well maybe if I focused!!!!!!!!!!!!


And then I was so fired up that when the ladies left - I did get to work and got the spring sampler done - check out the next posting for all the sordid details.



And look at the cute LITTLE bike that Jan brought me. It is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I also got the embroidery DONE DONE DONE on the gingerbread quilt.


Gingerbread embroidery DONE - next project - embroidery the details on the spring samplers



Our finishing group got together this past week. I will show you the pictures from that day later, but I brought out that medallion quilt of mine that I just finished the applique on the sun????


OK - this one..............


When I brought it out to show Linda and Mary that I had actually go the applique done - I noticed this.........

CRAP - the base of the stems was NOT finished. 

I opened up the seam and tuck them in - now they are DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   So much. Well I am off to get the day started.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment