Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What I am THANKFUL for............................


Monday was Thanksgiving and the day was GLORIOUS. The sun was out, the sky was blue, the temperature was warm - it was a perfect day to be outside. And we had planned some outdoor activities so that was awesome.

Berke, M, DH and I headed out after lunch. It was going to be a surprise for M and Berke, but my LOOSE LIPS inadvertently told them the day before where we were going. Oh well - it wasn't' that big of a deal.

Had to plan activities for everyone in the day so this was our first stop.................

God - I look like I am drunk and leaning up against that sign!!!!!    Foreign Affair Winery

And how do you keep teens occupied while we were inside tasting wine???   Give them a camera..............


Nice shot using the timer
There's that sun and blue sky
Beautiful setting

AH - so formal and pretty!!!!



WHEE.............................

Oh so cute!

Yes - that tree is much bigger than you!!!!

Hello????   Hello Mr Troll???   Are you in there????

Oh so pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't fall off!


Let's just say that there were a LOT of pictures and I had to go through them all to get the best ones. When asked why she didn't bring her camera????   Well this way, the pictures they take are mine and will get on the blog - hers will not. No shame from my kid!!!!!!!!!!!


Then we spotted a road side stand and we HAD to stop.


Pumpkin shopping

And this is all they bought - ONE little pumpkin!!!!!

Next we had to stop for food. And why is that????   Well it appears that neither M nor Berke had lunch. Good grief - they don't plan well.


Eating plums in the back seat

And Berke is having his Tim's



Next stop was for the adults again.

This time we went to Colaneri Estates

Grapes waiting to be picked


The vats - that is a LOT of wine
 Then they took the camera again and took pictures while we tasted wine.


Hello - look at US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A neat BBQ????  

Looking out at the vineyards in front of the building

Look at ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Berke!!!!

The sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Then we decided that we need to get to our final destination...............



Niagara-on-the-Lake

Shopping for fudge - so many choices!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A visit to Cows to see the T-shirts. Unfortunately by this time we were on our way to dinner so we did NOT have ice-cream. Thank goodness Neil wasn't with us - we would have had to have ice cream for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice hat Berke!!!!

Oh yes - MISS BEAUTIFUL. Hats look good on her - they look crap on me!!!!

Walking through the park!!!
There was a LOT of traffic and many times we wished we had bikes. I saw this cool bike - I love it. 
Then we arrived at the restaurant................
Arriving at the restaurant

Oh so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure why they took these poses!!!!

Ah - there is the menu for the THANKSGIVING DINNER. YEP - we went out for Thanksgiving and it was amazing. No planning, no shopping, no cooking, no prepping, no cleaning. Just sitting back and enjoying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M was collecting leaves during the day!!!!
 Now despite the fact that we were there for Thanksgiving dinner, only DH and I had the turkey.


M's appetizer of a side of veggies

The salad

I had the soup

Then sorbet

M had vegetarian lasagna

Berke had steak (although the piece of beef wellington was BETTER than the steak)

The turkey dinner

Ah - graceful table manners as M chows on something that she couldn't bite off!!!!!!!!!!

Dessert - so cool

The butter tart

Creme brule

Pumpkin spice cake and ice cream!!

Although it didn't look like a huge quantity - I was stuffed when I left. Thank goodness I did not have that ice cream.



Oh -  the carpet reminded me of a Dear Jane block

Walking back to the car

We did make a few purchases while we walked around before dinner.................




Mini -chocolates
Mini - Olympic mitts

Mini-shoulder bag. That is for me on days when I don't want to carry a big purse. 

Mini spatulas and mini jars of jam (I love that jam)


And I bought this basket made of folded magazines. I have seen them before and I have always been impressed. I finally decided to buy one. 


What a FUN FUN FUN day. I was tired and we had to hoof it back to the car and then drive back to Toronto. Of course - so was everyone else so it took a bit to get back home. But we kept each other entertained so it wasn't that bad of a drive.

At one point during dinner I made the comment - those TOURISTS - they are ALWAYS taking pictures. And during the day - we saw MANY people stopping in the middle of the sidewalk to take pictures with their iPhones. Then DH asked - how were they different than us??????  OH - he has a point. What do you think????  At least - we didn't stop in the middle of the sidewalk to take our pictures.

We did stop by the quilt store but it was closed. Too bad. I don't get to that shop on a regular basis.


On that note -


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hey! We were in the same area but we went to Tawse Winery. Moray is a childhood friend and his winery was the top Canadian winery in 2012.

    Maryv

    ReplyDelete