Sunday, October 6, 2013

QUILT SHOW SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A    HUGE THANK YOU  


Thank you so much to those of you who were able to attend our quilt show and made it a resounding success. It really was like a reunion - I saw so many former students, friends and met a LOT of new people as well. Sorry if I forgot some names - my brain was going a million miles a minute!!!!    I just loved to see you all and so happy that you could be part of our show!!!!!

And I want to thank my committee (and other guild members who volunteered).  They did just the BEST job in the entire world!!!!!   And worked tirelessly to keep our guests happy. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. It was such a treat to work with everyone.

We had that show down in TWO hours, vendors gone, HUNDREDS of plates, saucers and cups back in their cupboards, bags of garbage slung in the dumpster, tables and chairs back in their respective places. My car came home PACKED - so packed that I had to have someone take my big blue bin of stuff home with them. Hey - I purchased a couple of the BEAUTIFUL planters from Digirolamo's Greenhouses.   (If you want some gorgeous planters at a good price - contact them and tell them you got their name from our Quilt Show!!!! - Halton Hills Guild).  My quilts were in the car, plus a couple of extra ones (that I was supposed to bring home), leftover stuff from the member's boutique. Since it just got thrown in - well it wasn't packed too pretty and I didn't even get a picture!!!!


Look how BEAUTIFUL those baskets look on my front step!!!!!



I have a couple of pictures to show you - then I NEED to get to work. I have a class to teach today and a quilt to be quilted.

This is the FIRST thing I saw when I drove to the Croatian Center yesterday. Yes - I did have time to stop and smell the roses (well admire the gorgeous colours). They were STUNNING.
Trees in full colour!!!!






Then we were busy getting ready to open the show. Here is Ulda and Carol organizing the registration table. 
Door prizes waiting to be won!
Susan and Mary getting ready to sell raffle tickets. 


BY THE WAY - if you DO NOT have tickets on this STUNNING quilt (which if you have been following this blog - you probably know that quilt very intimately as you watched it grow on my design wall). Anyway the draw doesn't take place until April 2014. If you want a ticket - let me know. Hopefully you purchased one at the show. And ONLY residents of Ontario are eligible to purchase a ticket - sorry it's the LAW!!!!

Now we did something different this year in our tea room. Instead of having sandwiches for lunch, we had scones that we included in the price of admission. And those scones - well I could have eaten them all day. They were just the best in the world. And let's not forget Mary's peach jam. I could have eaten that by the spoonful. Her and I have to work out a deal - quilting for some peach jam????   I wonder how many jars she made????

Homemade scones and homemade peach jam - a PERFECT combination!!!!
Little pots of jam!!!   Looks like a honeycomb!!!!


Now I know you want to know how they got the jam in those containers so nicely.

Here is Carol (hey she gets around!!) and Cathy having WAY TOO MUCH fun putting the jam in the little pots

Cathy became an expert at it - we served a LOT of jam

There is Carol's hand - she just had to get in the picture again. Hey  Carol - careful with those hand gestures!!!!   It was nothing like that - just a moment in time!!!!   Funny how the camera captures things that can be taken way out of context!!!!!     




 For those of you who attended the show and want to know who the winners of the challenge are - here they are. All I can say is that I IMPRESSED to death with the QUANTITY and QUALITY of the challenges. If you are in charge of a challenge - here is a little secret. The theme must be appealing - ours was "What a Novel Idea" (so the challenge piece had to reflect the title of a novel). The theme was brilliant and THANKS to Marian for coming up with idea - she really is an idea person, not a good executor (LOL), but a brilliant idea person!!!!   (HEY - she also chose the pattern for the raffle quilt!!!!)   (I've given her a task - to come up with a new raffle quilt pattern and the next challenge theme!!!)


I apologize for the quality of the pictures - I DID NOT get good pictures, but I will get better ones and post them. 

FIRST PRIZE - The Lighthouse - made by Judy M

SECOND PRIZE - The Paris Wife - made by Marg B

THIRD PRIZE - The Colour Purple - made by Ruthie S.




This is Sheilagh. She was so busy getting the show set up - well she couldn't sit still long enough for me to snap this picture!!!!!    Sheilagh - you rock!!!   You did a fabulous job!!!


And this is Vicki. The jokester!!!!   We caught her with a couple of teddy bears!!!!




It is getting late and I have so much more to write, but I need to get to work!!!!!



Have a GREAT DAY!!!!!  


Even though it is raining today, I found this awesome quote -
“Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” 
― Roger Miller

Isn't that an awesome quote!!!!   When we rode we always said - there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad equipment!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I ended up going into to the kitchen after the show was over for a scone and jam and had to scrape the jar to get a little bit of my own jam! lol
    Glad you enjoyed it Elaine and maybe we can make a deal.....I will see what is left in my storage cupboard....lol

    Maryv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, It was a fantastic show. Just the perfect size (not to bit, not to small) and such diversity of styles that there was something to inspire everyone. I had a great time...and not just because I won something!

    ReplyDelete