Saturday, January 31, 2015

How much is too much?


I haven't really been following the Home Storage Solutions tidy up. I know their schedule for the kitchen is January/February and although I am making slow progress, I am making progress.  I did have a peek at the e-mail from yesterday and SERIOUSLY??????   It is one thing to find a storage solution for items, but shouldn't we deal with the quantity of the items FIRST??????

water bottle storage using an over the door shoe rack
Really??????   How many water bottles does one household need???
To check out the entire article - click this link.

This is the kind of thing (hoarding) that I am doing in my studio with my craft supplies so I shouldn't talk too loudly. I guess it is all where our priorities are.  

We have gotten rid of a lot of stuff - I just need a couple more hours? and it will be done.  I am sure my family will be happy since we still have no cutlery in the cutlery drawer. Just those plastic spoons. Not my priority!!!

Speaking of getting rid of stuff - I had a bunch of plastic containers for food storage.  Some of them had seen better days. I sorted through what we had - kept the newer ones and put the rest in a bag. After chatting to Diane at Ruti's who has connections with people in the cat rescue world - they are in need of containers like this - so I dropped the bag off to Diane yesterday.


Plastic containers - GONE!!!!
I might also have found a home for my pet mats. They are going to check what we did - I will get feedback and then we can modify the beds if needed.  I love it - a win win for everyone.


OK - so sometime before Christmas, I got shellac on my nails. My daughter was OH OH - this isn't good. You have to scrap the shellac off which I did a while back and well - my nails have NOT been the same since.


My nails which were never in good shape to begin with are even worse

Essentially when you remove the shellac, you scrap off the top layer of the nail. Now my nails are soft and the edges get rough so I am constantly filing them to keep them smooth.  They are SHORT SHORT SHORT and I hate it. I can't do a thing without a proper nail.  Can you pick up a pin with no finger nail???   Nope - and a lot of other things are just a nuisance.  I hope this problem resolves itself soon and allows my nails to grow back. Lesson learned - while the shellac is pretty - it is also pretty damaging.  Just like anything else - it looks good, it tastes good - it is NOT good for us.


Now if you talk about accumulating stuff - I have a thing with bicycle fabric and LOOK - I managed to snag FOUR new ones the other day at Sew Sisters.

Four new bicycle fabric

I saw these two at Ruti's yesterday, but I think I have both of them


We were chatting about applique yesterday - I can't wait for our applique club in a couple of weeks!!!   Anyway, Diane had her first applique quilt in the store. I think that center block came from Piecemaker's????

Diane and her first applique quilt
 I had to laugh as I looked at it - because OMG - I have that red fabric still in my stash!!


I still have this red fabric in my stash!!!

Customer quilt - delivered (forgot to take a picture before it left my house!)

Well since I had the camera in the car and I had to drive by the mall (well with a slight detour) to get home, I decided to stop and take some pictures.


Now you can see the scaffolding

If you enlarge this picture - you can see the big panels of glass that they are using to `fill`the ball


Actually, this construction is quite neat.  Those inner ``small`` white bars are supporting the glass, while the bigger outside white bars support the whole thing. Pretty cool!!!   Can`t wait until it is finished.  Hmmmm - I wonder about the food court - I must ask M since she was working last night.


Oh yes - since I was at the mall - I went for the whole deal!!!   You got almost every angle of that ball.

 You can see the snow on top of the ball

There is a `hole`at the top

More snow

Opposite side of the original picture - lots of snow on this side


Yep - pretty obsessed with this - what will I have to look at when the ball is done?   Well you can bet that they will be ripping apart the entire outside of the mall, redoing all the entrances. Oh yes - it will take years. No worry!


As I was searching for something yesterday (still have not found that sweatshirt project - I can only guess that I put it into something other than the white plastic bag it was in - but what???)  Anyway - guess what I found?????   Yep - there was the missing fabric for that little table topper.


The missing fabric and it was right where I left it. I forgot to pick it up when I picked up the table runner. The worse part??   I didn't remember doing that!!!

There isn't much, but should be enough to get the last border and the binding. There is no need to measure - if it doesn't work out - I will figure something out!  But I have a feeling there is enough. 

I did a bad thing yesterday. Depends on how you look at it. From a work perspective it was a bad thing, but from a mental health perspective it was awesome!   It was a bright sunny day when I got home from a couple of errands.  Instead of going back to work, I decided to sit in the front room and read my book.  First I had a chat with M when she got home from school. Then she went off to work and so I read and read and read until I finished the book!!!!!    I haven't done that in a while and once I got over the guilt (five minutes), it was fabulous!!!!!   Got to get my schedule in order so I can do that more often.

On that note - I have a big class today and I am ready to go, but a few e-mails to send out before I leave.

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment