Friday, January 30, 2015

Patience - ahmmmmmmmmmmmm - patience!


You know that computers and I - well we have a love/hate relationship. I decided that I could not put off the printer problem any longer. I had some FREE time and I called my friends in India. The first call took about one hour and the printer is working!!!!   However, the fellow asked me to reboot the computer and we would then reconnect, but that didn't happen.

I keep losing the scanner connection as well (the all-in-one is used wirelessly). And I wanted to ask them about getting the scanner working. You would think if the printer function worked, then the scanner function should work as well. Nope - when the computer finally came back online - the printer worked, but not the scanner. So I called again. This second call also took about one hour. I was asked to restart the computer again and after a very long time to bring it back up, well I had neither printer nor scanner. OK - they are very lucky that my patience was strong that night.

I called a third time. Explained the issues with the printer and the scanner functions. And I asked that the computer be cleaned up - you know get rid of temp files and such. The fellow did that and then decided that I needed a new driver for the printer. That download took a LONG LONG time and I was nodding off, so he suggested that we let the file download over night and I could call back in the morning to get the rest of the job done.

So for the fourth time, I called my friends in India and was on the phone for yet another hour!!!!!  He installed the software and then he was able to print and scan, but I could only print. Seriously???   A few more adjustments and OMG - I am able to print AND scan. BTW - the computer does EVERYTHING FAST!!!!!!!    Why does all that crap collect anyway????

I scanned a bunch of stuff that I have been putting off including that Bonnie Hunter article. But I scanned it in .pdf format which I can't put on the blog. To put the system to the test - I decided to try the scanning function again this morning and IT WORKS!!!!!

Here is the darn article!!!!   I pulled it from Quiltmania magazine (one of my favourites). Number 70 which was published in 2009.   (BTW - if anyone has any older issues of this magazines that they no longer want - let's talk)



Cover of Quiltmania - Number 70

Page One (hopefully if you click on the photo - you will be able to read it)
 The first paragraph talks about her being a green quilter.   (sorry - you can't read that - I will cut and paste that part to make it bigger so you can read)

At last!!!!


Page Two

Page Three

Page Four

Page Five


You can see that Bonnie's quilts are SCRAPPY.  She would be in her glory to go through those scrap bags from our sewing group. However - I am getting that fun and I might just make a quilt to show them what they are throwing away!!!!   I got a number of comments from various people who are going to start making pet mats with their scraps and look what Maria was busy with yesterday.


Maria was busy making more pet mats with the leftovers from Dodge's and Lucy Loo's beds


They are so fast and easy and uses up scraps!!!!!   We are like pioneers - NOTHING goes to waste!!!!



We had a blast at embroidery club as usual!!!  ACK - I now have so many movies to watch and books to read. My lists grow every week!!!!!   But I love it!  And so weird that we all seem to have the same likes, dislikes, morals, blah blah blah!   I just love  the ladies who embroider - that sounds way too formal. I love the embroidery "girls".

Linda has to be the queen of embroidery. She FORGOT that she had made this quilt. FORGOT???   There is some serious redwork here. She recently found the blocks and put it together. I LOVE IT!!!!!

Linda's redwork quilt - pattern is Winter Twitterings by Pearl Louise Krush 


Then I was off to teach part two of the beginner quilt class at Sew Sisters. They are an enthusiastic bunch as they all had their homework done or as done as they could get before they had questions. The colour combination of their projects are fabulous!!!!  I will share when they are done.

We got a laugh from one of Stephanie's blocks. She made a POCKET!!!

Stephanie's block POCKET


Lego Lania and GeoGeorge were on the hunt for good pictures. They didn't have a lot of time, but they were sure admiring all the fabric on the shelves.


Lego Lania and GeoGeorge on a search for fabric!

I've been watching the progress at the mall. That glass ball is taking forever to finish. Now that the glass is almost completely installed, they have installed scaffolding on the OUTSIDE of the ball. No idea why - but hopefully it will be done soon.

I drove by last night after the snow and it was funny to see snow stuck to the ball, except the very top which had no glass!


Glass ball at Erin Mills Town Center


I had an AWESOME day yesterday.  A good visit with Pauline who dropped by to bring  me a quilt. We had a good chat while we enjoyed a muffin and a cup of tea. It was great to just visit and not worry about deadlines!   The quilt on the machine is coming along nicely, but I have to take it off this morning to turn it. Not one of my favourite tasks - there is always that question - is it faster to work DOWN the side borders or turn the quilt and work straight across. Usually turning works for me - a LOT less stops and starts.

Super work out at the gym.  I am determined to make the best of my workouts. I woke up at 4:30 AM - I was wide away and a bit chilled. I grabbed an extra quilt and was soon fast asleep. When the alarm went at 5:00 AM - I was exhausted and didn't get out of bed right away. I thought about NOT going to the spin class. I could go later. Well - I did drag myself out of bed and I had a super work out.  Saw lots of friends this morning at the gym and well - despite the frigid temperature and wind, it was a great way to start the day.


Have an AWESOME Friday.


Ciao!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment