Saturday, June 11, 2016

Follow your dreams


Wow - have you even had an item on your bucket list. One that is sort of wild, but you'd really like to do it anyway?

This particular one has never really been on my bucket list, but I think it's very cool and would be nice to say I was there.  Now I have a friend (who shall remain nameless who is obsessed with everything about this place and a Facebook friend who has attempted to summit on several occasions).   I've read numerous books myself about the place as it's fascinating.

The interesting thing about this place is that the announcers on one of the local radio stations were also talking bout this place recently.  Well - it's the season after all.  I had to laugh because one of the announcers mentioned that when he was reading a book called Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (any hints yet?),  he said he was half way through the book and he had to book a ticket to visit this location.

You know, come to think of it - I would love to visit this location, but I wouldn't go all the way.  So what's the bucket list item????


Mount Everest 

Now isn't that the coolest shot!   I'm jealous - in a heart beat, I would love to visit Base Camp.  I wouldn't venture any further - those ladders across the crevices would scare me to death.

Ladders on a crevice at Mount Everest

Yes these ladders would be the downfall of any summit attempt for me.  But I have a plan to cure that fear of heights. That's for later this summer and it doesn't involve any mountain climbing - I hope!

Anyway - I know the person in the top photo and his goal was to see Mount Everest in person and to visit Base Camp.  What an experience. I think he did summit one of the smaller mountains in the vicinity. I'm jealous!  He's in pretty good shape as he runs a marathon or two every year. Now running is NOT and never will be  my cup of tea.

Besides, I have an excellent reason for not running. The surgeon told me to NEVER run. It's very bad for the knees.  By the way - I have to say that my knee is feeling pretty amazing these days.  I've been pushing it at the gym lately.  Not pushing it in a bad way, but physio type pushing it.  Trying to get full movement and you know what - it's helped enormously.   The aches have mostly gone. The stiffness is history. Yeah!!!!!   I always say - aches and pains are mostly due to lack of use of our body!

I know, this is supposed to be a quilting blog.  But follow your dreams applies to all things including quilting!

I do believe Lexi has a story to relate to you which is why I'm not quite as far along on my quilt as I would like to be.  However the center part of the top is DONE.  I had been contemplating what to do with the borders and my brain often can't look beyond the area that I'm currently working on.  The MINUTE that completed section went up, the concept for the border hit me in the face!   Only one small change to make to the top to accommodate something that was going to go in the border.  I have a short class this morning and then it will be back to work - borders on, make the backing, load on the long arm, quilt, bind and ready to hand stitch tomorrow!  But we are NOT going to tell anyone at Quilt Canada how tight this is going to be!  And of course, all of you are going to come and see the quilt. It isn't the prettiest quilt I've ever made, but it is a fun one to be sure!

On that note, I had better get that one little spot redone and then off to class.

Have a super day!

Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment