Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Guilt - free


I made great progress on my 2014 Row by Row quilt yesterday.  I managed to get 6?? rows done.   Well, something like that. The bottom line is that there are only 4 more rows to go and then figure out the borders and the top is done.  I do have a quilt on the long arm that obviously has to be done before this one gets on. I must schedule my time so that the Row by Row is done and has the binding stitched on for Sunday.  I think I will have a lot of free time that day and will need something to occupy me. More on that fun day when it happens.  

Needless to say, I'm pretty excited about it and since I missed the opportunity to get the fabric for the backing at the Burlington store, my second option is to use backing from 2015 Row by Row for the backing. I have two big hunks of it and well - I might as well use it up!  As I am cutting into my FQ pieces of the 2014 Row by Row fabric, I have to confess that I'm feeling a bit of angst!  This fabric will be gone and I won't have anymore. Well DUH! that is a good thing.  It's supposed to happen that way because there is always new stuff coming out!  

Now that I'm all fired up about Row by Row again, I must find the container with the 2014 kits and see how to design a quilt with those rows. Then I can close the chapter on 2014 and focus on 2015, while collecting 2016. Not sure what, but something from 2016!  Once this is done, then I can be guilt free! (at least for 2014!)

Another DUH moment.  Those super organizing skills of mine realized that the container with the row kits was right on the table with ALL the other Row by Row stuff.  A quick check and there are 20 row kits from 2014 and quite a few patterns.  Too many to fit in one quilt, but I'm going to see what I can do to fit them all in one quilt!

Oh, the other thing I have to say about the current Row by Row quilt that I'm working on - it's going to hang in a show and I had submitted the size - and it's very important to respect that size.  Well, let's just say that I'm damn lucky because, after the improv piecing, it actually fits within the size that it's supposed to!  A lot of fiddling, but it's working!  That kind of commitment is NOT for the faint of heart!!!!

While I'm improv piecing, I'm still working on those enders and leaders.

More enders and leaders


These are actually 1 1/2" squares that I'm sewing together.  I had a huge box of them and decided it's time to get stuff cleaned up, used up or whatever!

However after depositing the completed pairs in the box, I realized that I still have a lot of pairs to sew. The ones on the right are sewn in pairs, the ones on the left - still to be sewn.


Enders and leaders project - squares!

Remember, I said that Diane had bought me something. Well - look - she bought me a used bike!  It was orange and she said, she couldn't resist!   That's not something that someone would normally buy for another person, but a yard sale find!   Thanks, Diane!

My new bike!!!   Another orange one

We have a beautiful backyard. I love it, Lexi LOVES it (I think Lexi has some great stories to tell you, but not today - she too busy!), the birds love it and well - it's hard to believe it exists in the middle of the city.

Even though I have spent some time out there weeding, there just isn't enough hours in the day to get everything done. SO - we hired someone who spent one entire day and LOOK at my backyard.   It's gorgeous.  I know - many of you would want to plant flowers - no time.  If I had my wits about me, I'd be buying some bags of mulch to keep the weeds down and I might just do that.  I don't have time to get the big bag of mulch, so will get smaller bags that are easy to get into the backyard.

My gorgeous backyard
 The best thing - I can now sit out there and read - completely GUILT-FREE!!!!!   Time to get the sewing machine set up in the gazebo!

OK - so I bet you're wondering why Diane would buy me a bike - right?   Well - look at the scale of the bike in the picture below!!!!

Can you see my bike?


I have no clue what the bike was intended for.  I'm going to say it's about 14 inches long, wheels turn. It's a pretty accurate rendition of a real bike.   Anyway - it was 50 cents at the garage sale.  I absolutely love it!

On that note, it's time to get the day started.

Have a great day!!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment