Tuesday, October 25, 2016

365 days is a long long time

Have you ever noticed how we get ourselves into trouble?  And it happens in a blink of an eye.

There are TWO Block of the day quilts happening this year.  Yes - Block of the DAY.  It was bad enough when it was Block of the MONTH, then we had Block of the week, but Block of the DAY? Think about it - that is 365 blocks in ONE year.  Imagine that you spend just ONE hour per day to make that block - that's a lot of hours.

As you know, I signed up for not one, but TWO of the quilts.

That Town and Country Quilt by The Gourmet Quilter


I haven't started this one yet, but I do have my fabrics picked.

This is the second one.

365 Block a Day challenge quilt 



 I made it to February 17th. But I know people who are up-to-date!!!!   Holy cow!!!!   I can't even begin to imagine.  I'm so far behind, I don't even get notifications of updates in the Facebook groups anymore!!!!


Now I understand that the 365 block a day challenge is going to run again in 2017.  I may have a chance to get it done???   I doubt it, but I might actually make it to March!!   I'm going to start in January when it's calmer?  Maybe, I'll start in December - it'll be dead then and I can actually get some of the blocks completed.  I'd love to get the center done!  Wish me luck!!!!

Now The Gourmet Quilter is releasing a NEW Block of the Day quilt.  You can check it out here.   I will see that quilt later this week and I WILL just walk past with blinders on.  I WILL NOT sign up.  I WILL NOT sign up!

Please give me some willpower to NOT SIGN UP!!!

Making good progress on my crazy to do list.  I'm actually seeing the light at the end of the tunnel which is a good thing since there are two days left. After that - well, it just won't happen except for some hand stitching.  So that means heads down - focus. Never mind that I'm still writing patterns and handouts as well.

Better run!!!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!




2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I joined the second one. I'm almost to the end of March. But I get bored and distracted easily by other projects. Lol! I'm going to try to do a few blocks here and there. I have so many projects on the go right now. Oh well! As long as I'm having fun right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might look at a Block of the Day quilt for inspiration but I know it would be an impossible task to stay on target. It sounds like your to-do list is overflowing, too. Congratulations to you on making it to February 17th!

    ReplyDelete