Monday, October 3, 2016

Work, work, work


There's nothing like a full weekend of uninterrupted sewing.  It just doesn't get any better and all weekend, I dreamt of how my fabulous NEW studio would look IF I won the lottery!

However, I'm not going to show you any of the work that I did. But I did manage to get one more quilt top completed and about half done on another one.  How's that for heads down? I had a great time and even took Miss Lexi to the dog park a couple of times, took a break to go to Chapter's where I found inspiration for ANOTHER quilt top and got read a fair bit of the latest novel - on my tablet no less.

Since I can't share those quilts with you at this point, I thought I would share the pictures that I hoped to share with you before I went on the retreat.

Yes, I'm still quilting quilts for others and here's some of what has been done over the last couple of weeks.


Quilt number one - DONE

Quilt number two - DONE

Quilt number three - DONE

Quilt number four - DONE

Quilt number five - DONE

Quilt number six - DONE

Quilt number seven - DONE


All of those were for the same customer.  And yes, when I gave her her quilts back, she gave me another box full of tops and backs!  One of them is urgent, but we're still waiting for the backing to come!!!!

And then here's another one for a different customer.


Customer quilt - DONE!

This one had plush on the back and was so soft and warm.  I love it!!!!


I'm not sure why the photos in this folder didn't upload before I left and I laughed when I saw the photos of the hallway as I was prepping for the retreat.  Yep - all that stuff fit in the car. Well, except for Lexi's house!  God forbid, I take her house with me and leave her behind!!!   I"m guessing a Smart car is out of the question for me, unless I win the lottery. Then I can have more than one car!


Stuff for the retreat

More stuff for the retreat

I honestly don't know what I would do without those bags!!!   They're a life saver and you can put tons in them.  

Well, I'm off to get my day started.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! You know what they say - no rest for the wicked! I must be very wicked! Elaine

      Delete