Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I bought it on the internet!

I'm not one for shopping.  Not in a store (unless it's a quilt store) and not on-line (unless I'm desperate!)   

Yesterday I was desperate!  I needed some snowflakes that I could embroider onto a project. I didn't have snowflakes that I could use. I checked out Anita Goodesign.  This is the company who created the Halloween blocks that I was working on a while back. I'll resurrect that project, but not until after things settle down.  Like AFTER Quilt Market!

I did call my local shop that sells Anita Goodesign software, but they did NOT have the designs that I wanted.  Shoot!  I couldn't see where I could download the designs on-line. I should have known they would be available, but I was panicking!   Sent an e-mail to the company saying I URGENTLY needed those designs. Got an e-mail back, saying, cough up the dough and you can download, although they did say it much nicer than that!

Downloaded the designs, put them on a USB. Went home and fired up the embroidery machine and they are PERFECT!!!  Now I can move forward on that project. 

Here's a little something that I learned about Anita Goodesign while I was on the retreat. For some reason, I thought there was a real Anita.  And that it was a woman who was doing all the digitising.  Nope, apparently, it's a man. Anita was the name of his grandmother or aunt or something to that effect. 


I have to give a big shout-out to TISH. She is my saviour at the moment. So much sewing, so little time and she's been a big help!


I'm still getting some customer quilts done!   Here's two more! 


Customer quilt - DONE

Customer quilt - DONE

I'm happy to report that there is only a handful of customer quilts left to quilt. Well about ten.  I'm still taking on quilts, but ONLY for my regular clients.

Here's one of my favourite quilts.  One of the ladies made it at the retreat. It's from the Euphoria collection by Northcott. The pattern is by Jean Boyd.  And this collection was featured on QUILTsocial a week ago. There is also a pack of this fabric on QUILTsocial as part of a free giveaway!!!!
Flower Power by Jean Boyd

On that note - I'm out of here.

Have an awesome day!

Ciao!








No comments:

Post a Comment