Thursday, October 20, 2016

Surrounded by color!


On top of all the craziness at this time of year, I was scheduled to give a lecture in Orillia.  It's funny how you think of these places as far away, but after you've been there once or twice, it's not that far.  So I'm zooming along yesterday on my way to Orillia.  

I was sorry that I didn't have time to stop along the way as the colors of the leaves were spectacular!  It was like driving down a corridor of brilliant color. The sky was blue which enhanced the yellows, golds, and reds. 

On my way home, I managed to snap a few pictures out the car window as I was stuck in traffic leaving Orillia.  


Brilliant colors!

From greens to golds

Stunning


Corridor of color


OK - that last one I snapped in the car, but I don't look through the viewfinder. I just hold up the camera and snap.  I know - that's not allowed.  I rarely do it, but the color was amazing.

What a great group of ladies at the guild. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard during a presentation. We had fun, Pat saved my butt when I couldn't find my glasses after the presentation. Don't ask - next time, I put those darn glasses in my purse!!!

Now I have a request for you!  I got some books from Pat while I was there - thanks, Pat.  More Clive Cussler.  I think I must have all the ones I haven't read yet.  Just saves having to get them from the library.

Clive Cussler books to read

Someone, OK - it was Helen, got me started on Reginald Hill - the Dalziel and Pascoe series. Problem is that Number Four - An April Shroud is missing in action. It was in our library. Matter of fact, it was in my local branch. I searched, no luck. The librarians searched and no luck. The book is now officially listed as missing. I could buy the book, but I'm cheap!  So if anyone has that book and would like to lend it to me, I'd greatly appreciate that!!!!

Got two quilts quilted last night.  Right on schedule.  And another day is checked off the list!  I did hear that stress is good for you - gets you motivated and excited!  Yep - that is about right. However, they said that you have to be in charge of what is causing you stress and well, I can say that is also true in my case.  So stress is good!!!!

On that note, I'm out of here to deal with more craziness today!!!!

Have a super day!!!!

Ciao!!!!

Oh god - I think Lexi posted again this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment