Friday, June 23, 2017

When it rains, it pours!


That seems to be the way it is around here these days.  We've had a lot of rain.  A LOT.  This morning I'm getting ready to leave the gym and it's pouring. Not just raining - no it's pouring BUCKETS.  All the sane people are waiting for it to subside a bit. Me?  No I plunge into the rain and run for the car. In seconds, I was soaked. No worries, I'm dry now except for my sandals. I do have another pair of shoes in the car so I could get them.  Parts of my sweater and T-shirt are still wet.

I'm a slug!  It would appear that if there isn't an immediate deadline, I don't do anything!  Well maybe it's because I pushed so hard the last couple of weeks that without a deadline - I'm a slug. I don't know, but I did do some work on the project that is due next week. Fortunately it's not a complicated one and not super big. 

But I'm puttering!   I should be producing copious amounts of work!  However I did get some cutting done and I'm picking fabrics for one more project!  Fun and games!

Before I show you my third Trend-Tex challenge, I want to share something. I'm not referring to one specific situation, but over the past couple of days, I've seen negative comments on Facebook, people sending hurtful e-mails or voice mails.  People people people!   Remember what our mothers told us???  If you don't have anything good to say - don't say anything!  It greatly affects the recipient. I have no problem with people providing feedback - that is how we grow, but there is a way to say it so the recipient doesn't get scarred for life. Instead of lashing out - why not take a walk around the block, deep breath, write a note and then trash it!   It's amazing how those negative moments get embedded in our brains, yet the positive ones don't seem to stick around. Why is that?

And that's why I ran out into the rain this morning!  We only have one life to live and I want to remember the fond memories and what better memory than running in the rain. That was way more exciting and a better story than saying I waited in the lobby!

Enough of that doom and gloom!  

Here is my third challenge piece that I purchased.  It's brilliantly designed. Very creative use of the fabrics and I'm thrilled to own this one as well.  It caught my eye right away. 


60 Years of Canada  -  Sarah Crutcher

I need to get busy and sort out the huge mess that is called my studio. After all those lectures and what not, there are quilt tops strewn everywhere. Quilts are everywhere.  I have a plan on how to store them - I just need a bit of time to make that happen.

Anyway - here's to hoping the rain stays away for a bit as I have to retrieve one more bag from the car!

Have a super day!

Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Great post Elaine. I don't remeber seeing this particular challenge quilt but it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one I voted for. Love it!

    ReplyDelete