Sunday, June 18, 2017

THANKS TO YOU!

I want to start by thanking EVERYONE who stopped by the Northcott booth to say hi. There were so many people that I haven't seen in a while because of my day job and no longer able to teach as much as I used to.  It was like old times and lots of news to catch up!  The hugs were great and I miss you all!!!     Don't forget to send pictures of your work and I'd be happy to post them on my blog for you!

I also want to thank everyone who attended my lectures and class.  Without you all, I wouldn't be able to do what I love. And that is to share my love of quilting. I also thank you all for the hints, tips and suggestions. There were so many and I think I get more from these lectures that you do! I'm just happy it's a two way street. We're quilters - we were born to share!

Now that Quilt Canada is over, it's time to buckle down and get some stuff done! I know - that's absolutely ridiculous to say since I've been burning the candle at both ends - nope - probably best to say that my candle is totaly engulfed in flames!

But there are two things that need to be done URGENTLY.  Two quilts that were promised to magazines for Friday last week. Those are what I'm working on today. And once those are done, I hope to have a little visit with my Task Master. I'll be recapping what the Task Master is all about in tomorrow's post (don't forget - don't forget!) and I'll going to show you what I'm going to do moving forward to prevent situations like what just happened!  I've got a new set of rules!  They most likely only apply to me - but you might get an idea or two.

I made good progress so far this morning and if all goes well, one of the tops could be done by lunch?  Given the fact that there are three borders on the quilt and we all know that each border usually takes one hour - at least, I don't think lunch time is a good target.  2 or 3 PM might be more realistic.

It looks like a rainy day out there so it's a perfect day to stay inside and sew.

Someone offered to come over and help later and I hope they show up. I'll be putting them to work the moment they arrive.  If they show up, I'll share what I have in mind for them to do later this week.

On that note, I'm out of here. I miscalculated the number of flying geese I need and they are prepped and ready to sew together using Deb Tucker's Wing Clipper of course!

And did you see the final total of the number of quilts received by Quilt Canada for the Ronald McDonald houses???   I can't find the specific number at this time, but it's OVER 2,600.  Yes - that is incredible.  I'll chat more on that another day.

Have a super day!!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment