Thursday, August 24, 2017

I did it again!


I can't believe it!  Wide awake at 1:30 AM!!!!   What is going on?

This time after waiting 20 minutes and no sign of sleep, I tiptoed to the studio. Fortunately, I'm the kind of person who doesn't need the lights on to find my way around my house. Besides, we live in the city and there is always light from outside coming through the windows. Don't worry - I use a death grip on the hand rails on the stair case (well not a death grip) and I always test the top and bottom step - always!

I decided to do some cutting. The black/white fabrics from the pixel quilt were staring at me so I cut strips - a bunch of 1 1/2" strips. I'm not sure how many I need, but I should have enough.  I need to cut a LOT of red strips. When I laid out the third block, I pretty much used up all the red squares that I had. I did have some with black in them and I decided to nix those and keep it pure reds. Then I felt tired enough to go back to bed, but NO - sleep still eluded me.

Bottom line - I slept in again, but not as bad as the other day. It's just very frustrating and I need to get this resolved as I can't afford to be losing sleep!  I know there's a lot of stuff going on and perhaps I just need to write it all out and I'll be good.  I'll try that.

Last night, I had a customer quilt to quilt.  I knew it had a minky backing, which takes a bit of time to load properly, but when I measured the quilt - this is WIDER than normal minky.  ACK!  It's a T-shirt quilt to boot.  So I had to cut and piece the minky which I hate to do, but I did. Serged everything together and loaded it on the long arm. The backing alone is HEAVY as the quilt is 70 by 80. Then I loaded the top. Should I keep going?  Why not - it has to be done by Friday. So I loaded the pattern, tacked the three pieces together and away I went. I was a bit hesitant - not because I haven't done this before, but if the T-shirts aren't properly secured, it can be a nightmare. Everything was FINE!  The quilt is quilting beautifully!

The old me would have taken two days to piece that backing, but there is no time for procrastinating. Just get it done!  And I did. I'll finish it off tonight, trim it and have it ready for pickup tomorrow.  Yeah!

Piecing another quilt for work - paper piecing. My office looked like a sweat shop yesterday!  Paper piecing isn't exactly neat and tidy and there were bits of fabric all over the carpet. All is good, but I'm going to have another round of it today. My goal was to have the top finished by tomorrow, but I'm not sure that is going to happen. While it isn't big, there is curved piecing, removing the paper and a couple of borders.  Looks like I'll finish on the weekend.

The first thing I did when I got home last night was to finish the latest Jack Reacher book.  When I start to read those - well, nothing else gets done!  That's not true - the day I worked from home, I was extremely disciplined and did NOT touch the book until I was technically on my own time.

Anyway - there is a ton of stuff waiting to get done today and I had better get started.

Have a super day!

Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. I found when I had insomnia, I had to get up at my regular time several days in a row to break the cycle (and no naps). Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete