Saturday, August 5, 2017

What's with the weather?

I feel compelled to chat about the weather this morning. For the last couple of days, the temperature in the house has been warm, not unbearable that we need the A/C on, but warm. This morning, I have a sweatshirt on!

But not only that, I was driving to work on Thursday morning. The sun is out and it looks like a beautiful day. I'm driving east more or less. The highway takes a turn to the north and IMMEDIATELY I remarked to myself -"who turned out the lights".  Literally in a span of a few seconds, we went from a sunny day to low fog. It was pretty weird as I hadn't noticed the fog ahead of me.

Yesterday I'm driving to work along the same stretch of road and it's raining quite heavily, yet to my right I can see the sun blazing.

It's very weird. The weather is very patchy and everyday is a new adventure. I'm sure that regardless of where you're reading this, that you're experiencing the same kind of bizarre weather that we're having here. The other thing I noticed that if we have thunderstomrs or hot weather, it's echoed right across the country. And there's nothing we can do about the weather which is a bit freaky.  But enough doom and gloom!

We had a visitor at work yesterday. One of the staff came in and said, there's a coyote across the street. No way!   Yep - a look out the window and there was the darn thing sitting by a tree waiting for a squirrel. The squirrel was freaking out. Of course we went out for better pictures and turns out - it was a fox. With it's big bushy tail which you couldn't see when he was sitting beside a different tree.   We are in an industrial park, but we're NOT in the country. We're not even in the outskirts.

Fox waiting for breakfast


 Eventually he went away and we went back to work.


I might as well get all the wildlife pictures out of my system today.  Here's one that I snapped on my way to work a couple of weeks ago.  It's hard to see, but there's a coyote just hanging around in the middle of the soccor field close to my house. It's about 6:30 AM.  It's probably safer to walk in the forest because they never seem to be in the forest these days.

Coyote hanging out in the soccor field


Guess what today is?  It's the first day of a long weekend and I have NOTHING to do. Well - I mean I have nowhere to go, no commitments, NO urgent quilt to be done (I mean like it has to be done on Tuesay). I've already been sewing away last night and this morning on the next quilt that is due.   At a very relaxed pace and it's quite enjoyable!

The task master has a list of things that it would like me to do and she and I have already talked and I think we're good!  The biggest problem is not trying to get everything done because it isn't going to happen!

I do have some paperwork that is sorely overdue and I need to get that done this weekend.

On that note, I'm off to enjoy the day!

Have a super day!

Ciao!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment