Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Nothing lasts forever!

Good morning!

This is how I get myself into trouble! Next deadline quilt - just chilling on that - loads of time - right?  WRONG!   I got the missing fabrics yesterday and instead of working away, I worked on something else. Then it hit me that I'm behind so I did spend some time working on it.  It's progressing nicely, but it's going to be tight to get it done. I do have a contingency plan - but I'd prefer to not have to use it!

And I couldn't help myself - I had to finish the book I was reading last night.  The Runaway Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini. This was a tough book to read  (subject matter tough). I've read it before - years ago. I knew it was going to be tough to read but I'm done!   It was actually a good book. I had stopped reading her books for a while, but I think I might get back into the series.  I believe there are 20 books in total. The Runaway Quilt was number 4, but I'm now going to skip ahead to Number 10.  Don't ask - it's just a silly thing I have about keeping lists.   I'm just ridiculous!

I've taught machine quilting for years and it never ceases to amaze me how many people are not familiar with the life span of a sewing machine needle.  I came across this little tidbit from Rhonda Pierce who is the spokesperson for Schmetz Needles.   Check out the web site and the newsletters'. There is a ton of good info there. By the way - we were ENCOURAGED to share the following information - I didn't steal it.



Sewing Machine Needles Don't Last Forever.

The needle is not a permanent machine part.
Needles get dull from use. Needles are meant to be changed.

Clue it's Time to Change the Needle
- Damaged or broken threads -
- Skipped stitches -
- Puckered or damaged fabrics -
- Wiggly squiggly seams -
- Popping, clicking or clunking sound -






And now it's time to get to work.  The days are sliding by faster than I can possibly imagine.  But having a blast and just as I get to see the light at the tunnel, someone lengthens the tunnel and I'm right back at the beginning again!  Like a little hamster on a wheel. Spin spin spin!

On that note - I'm out of here!

Have a super day!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment