Wednesday, November 11, 2020

A quiet day

 I felt absolutely lost (NOT!) with no presentations yesterday. I did have a couple of Zoom meetings but no prep involved. I listened to a webinar that was a bit over my head. I'm so not there yet! But I created some new embroidery projects, ordered some thread, ordered some fabric online, and, well, all around it was a great day!

The last of the packing got done, and I'm not taking much. There was no last-minute panic packing; however, I almost forgot to put some rulers in the box. Now I'm ready and just have to put the last things in the car. 

It's amazing how much OTHER stuff that one takes. The bag with the portable office in it, the bag with the projector to watch movies, the bag with clothes, and an extra pillow. I don't know how some people can get on a plane and go to a retreat with what they have in their suitcase. And to carry a sewing machine? Not going to happen at my house. 

I got the last urgent (for now) document written, and I should be good for the next couple of days, although my intention is to get some planning done - lists of samples to make, lists of classes that I should or want to teach. I know a number of you have sent suggestions, and I'll be taking those into consideration. I think on Zoom, this is the perfect opportunity to perfect our sewing techniques. Get some UFOs done - not necessarily starting a new project. 

Oh - for anyone looking for that Northcott panel, which is now ready for me to do curbside pickup, I found it at The Quilt Store.   Actually, I stand corrected; Maria found it for me. There were five, now there are four!! If you want one, hurry!!!  And thanks again, Maria --  I appreciate your eagle eye!





I have to say that we Canadians are a patriotic group! Do you know how hard it is to find ANY Canadian fabric these days?? The Northcott warehouse doesn't even have any! I'm now on the hunt for a flannel plaid fabric. I actually need five fabrics in the collection. I found three yesterday and ordered them, but still missing two. I'm working my way through the list of stores, but if anyone has either of these two and wants to part with them or you know where it is, let me know. 






I'm sure I'll find both - I hope! Otherwise, plan B. 


Well, it's got to be short and sweet this morning. I still have to put everything in the car and walk the girls. It's going to be a small group this time and well, we'll already planning to make as much noise and mess (and fun!!!!) as if the house were full!!

I MUST remember to pack a jacket, mitts, and a hat. It's warm this morning, but this is the last day. The temperature starts to drop today. 


Have a super day!!!!


Ciao!!!!


2 comments:

  1. I love the design on that panel. Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great retreat! I started to order the panel but the shipping was $15.99! The panel was only $9.99. Not a surprise I cancelled the order. Really nice panel though.

    ReplyDelete