Thursday, November 26, 2020

Moving on up!

 Yesterday was a good day! Sometimes all we need is a good sleep and the next day is much brighter! The SNAFUs from the previous day got fixed.  They weren't my issues, but I had to deal with the consequences. I'm happy to report that the giant quilt is on the long arm and ready to go later today. 

I don't mind doing some work for customers to help them get their quilts ready. I've done bindings, but I had to make the backing for the giant quilt, and there wasn't enough. So the customer scrambled and had to make a long trip to get me more backing. I also had to put the borders on the quilt. Don't worry - they'll be paying for my time. Next thing you know, I'll be making their quilts! Ah - no - I won't do that!

Lots of phone calls dealing with other stuff got accomplished, as well as e-mails. I still have more today, but I'm good. I will have to break down in the next day or two and actually go out in the car. I have a few things that need to be picked up, and well, I can't put it off too much longer. Actually, I was waiting for the snow to melt off my car as I was too lazy to scrape it off. I see it's almost completely gone. I'll wait until tomorrow to do the errands. 

Here's a very frustrating thing. It's so frustrating for local small businesses. Where I live, the stores and restaurants are closed. The stores that sell non-essential items. But the large stores, where MORE people gather, get to stay open because they sell essential items, yet I bet people are buying non-essential items. Yet, I can drive TEN MINUTES from my house to some shops where I normally shop, and I can go in. Can you tell me the logic in that? I CANNOT cope with illogical decisions, and this one is a doozy. 

I admit that I'm putting my head in the sand because of the insanity of this ruling. It just doesn't make sense. I'm also DONE with talking about the pandemic. I'm just so done with speculation on when a vaccine will be here, I'm done with who agrees with what, and I'll just stick close to home and venture out when I have to. 

I see that Miss Lexi was on the computer again! Two days in a row? She must be mad! You can check out what's happening in her world here



I did get another quilt quilted, so that's one more off the list. I'm making great progress on the list, but I'm not as up to date as I would like to be. 

Customer quilt - DONE


We're back to curbside pickup at the library. NO - I didn't have any books to pick up, but DH had one, so I got it for him. I returned one book that I finished, and I finished an audiobook as well. That was a very tough read - Five Little Indians by Michelle Good. It was sad, it was heartbreaking, but I had to smile when they talked about the reservation near where I grew up and that they used salvaged lumber from North Battleford, the closest town to our farm. It's just so shocking how those kids were treated. 


I found out (I had not really paid attention), but there was a residential school in Battleford. Now I'd like to go back home and look at that spot in a totally different light than what I've done in the past. And no amount of money can repair the damage these kids suffered at the hand of the church. Yes, I know the government put them in that situation. But the abuse is NOT acceptable. The sad thing is that abuse to children was not just restricted to these schools, and it hasn't stopped. 

When I was out for my walk, I stopped by the grocery store to get more brownie mix to make more Bear Paw cookies. As if I need them. I must say that I've let myself indulge in a bit too much sugar these days. It's all time-management stress-related. If I'm not under the gun with a deadline, I'm pretty good with the sugar. OK - that's got to stop, and I need to find a substitute! OH -- I bought three mixes because it was 3 for whatever price. I couldn't help myself—my LAST splurge. 

Brownie mix


So what the heck am I doing with my days? I don't seem to be getting anything much done - at least not that I can share with you! Next week will be much better!

On that note, I'm out of here!

Have a great day!!!


Ciao!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment