I have to laugh because I got several comments on how to prolong the life of a gluestick. And all of them are probably good. However, I would bet that the one that I had was OLD - ancient even! I might have been able to revive it, but it's gone. But thanks for the tips! I still have about four more glue sticks, so they might go in the freezer or wherever I should put them. Gosh -- I'm amazed at all the tips and tricks for everything! Why don't I know these?
And just like that, I'm done with my presentations for this week! I had two last night and a very relaxed week for the remainder of the week. I do have loads of other stuff to do and some other non-work-related commitments, and let's not forget the writing and the long arm. Oh yes - no fear of running out of things to do around my house.
I just don't get how anyone could be bored!
So back to the backgrounds that I'm creating. Here's what I did with the drunkard's path blocks.
As I mentioned the other day, I have four odd blocks. So I trimmed them to the same size, which I think was 6".
|Four drunkard's path blocks|
|Auditioning the block positions|
|My four drunkard's path blocks|
|The block is slashed into strips|
|The new block|
|The block with some black added to the sides|
|Another improv block|
|The third grey for my barn block|
|My cute owl|
|An owl with unstitched edges|
|Detail of stitching on raw-edge applique|