OK -- I promise that tomorrow, I'll get started on all the homework photos. I have things to share with you from the Virtual Retreat.
What fun we had! We got to meet Barb from Maryland! Lots of familiar faces that stretched across the country and over to Germany. We discovered MANY things, including there's an imposter amongst us! That's all I'm going to say about it, except that we had a good laugh over it.
We talked about everything and anything, including the FitBit and what it tracks and do they do anything with the data. Sheepherding dogs, quilting, tornados, and how to save the world! You had to be there! Because of the widespread heat (at least in our part of the world), it was a perfect day to be inside and sew.
The next Virtual Retreat is scheduled for July 24 and 25, so be sure to mark that on your calendar.
I'm happy to report that I didn't need the seam ripper, but that doesn't mean I didn't make mistakes. And the mistake happened for a reason! Well, besides the fact that I was yakking and NOT paying attention to what I was supposed to do.
One of the tasks on The Task Master list for the week was finishing off these arrow blocks for the Urbanologie quilt. We need to make five of them.
|An arrow for the Urbanologie quilt|
I had already made an error when trimming the units for the point, so they are not as pointy as they are supposed to be. I decided that I could live with that, so I sewed the points together.
|The points for the arrow blocks|
Then I was making the feathers for the ends of the arrows. I sewed the squares on one set of components, trimmed and pressed them. Then I was onto the second set. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
|Ooops -- this is NOT right|
A miscut!! OK -- so this calls for drastic measures. I've decided to redo the darn components for the ends of the arrows. It shouldn't be that big of a deal. I was avoiding doing that because I have limited fabric resources to finish the quilt. I think these mistakes call for cutting all the focus pieces for the rest of the blocks and see how much I have left or not. Then I found a shop that carries a lot of Tula Pink, not sure if they have Elizabeth or not, and if not, I have a friend who has some of the Elizabeth. I'll make this quilt happen!! As someone pointed out, probably ANY Tula Pink fabric can be substituted. And she's right! Get over it!
After that little fiasco, I decided that I needed to work on simple things, so I got the shaft part of the arrow done. That was easy - two straight seams!
|The shaft of the arrows is done!|
The backing for the redwork quilt (Winter Wonderland) is now done, and this quilt got moved to the "to be quilted" pile.
|Backing, binding, and quilt top - DONE|
|Hello Sunshine by Kimberbell|
|An empty bolt|
|Flower blocks for the All in a Row quilt|
|The owl row is also done!|
|The cutting table last night|
|Look at those empty surfaces!|
|The "list" of projects to be completed this week|
|The last of the prepped stuff|
|The project box for Hello Sunshine|
|This is all that's left after I put stuff away|
|More stuff on the current projects table|
|The last 25% of my virtual walk across Canada|
Don't forget to join the Facebook Live event tomorrow for the Spectrum Quilt A Long. There are PRIZES!!!!! You can check out the rest of the details in yesterday's post. But here's the time and the date.
And that's it for today!!!! It's Monday sewing, and I'm going to tackle some of those projects on The Task Master for this week.
Have a super day!!!