Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Can it be this easy?

As I prepare to write the blog, I reflect on what I accomplished the day before. Hmm -- what did I accomplish? Some days, it seems I get tons done, and other days -- well, not so much! Yesterday was a not-so-much day! 

OH -- I know what happened yesterday. I'm starting to prepare the first couple of lectures on the Tequila Lime quilt, and I spent a lot of time at the computer with pictures. I really must call Microsoft and see what's happening with my software. When I save pictures, it can take up to one minute to save each picture instead of milliseconds. The memory is not full -- I'm trying to keep that under control -- there is something wrong (corrupted) with the files. 

So I made good headway with that preparation, but now to deal with the fabric requirements --- that's a whole different story, and I wonder who writes their patterns. OH -- I know who does, but still --- they are the most complicated patterns I have ever seen. However, once you get the whole thing prepped, it's easy to sew together!

I've taught several of that company's patterns before, so I knew what I was getting into when I proposed to teach it. The quilts are beautiful -- just not easy to figure out, so taking that Tequila Lime class will help you enormously!!!

And I'm watching the latest season (13) of The Great British Baking Show, but that's ONE episode a day. I have no idea how these bakers can assemble these recipes - especially the technical challenges. Yikes -- I wouldn't have a clue, but then when was the last time I turned on the oven at my house? OK -- that speaks volumes! My talents lie somewhere else. 

And the other thing that I did was deal with my cell phone. I'm getting tired of it cutting out, yes -- it's been almost ONE YEAR. It's such an issue now that I rarely take calls on the darn thing, and I use my home phone for most calls. I'm leasing my phone, so it was time to turn it in for a new one. More on that in a second. Remember that I changed my phone about 6 months ago, which did NOT help the situation. 

I had been to the store numerous times to chat about the shoddy service on my phone. If you remember, I can be on a call, and suddenly, my voice drops. I can hear the other person, but they can't hear me. 

So, after a very short wait, I got a person on the other end. I explained my story, and I first asked what kind of compensation they would give me for the shoddy service. She goes off to check and comes back and asks what I want. Well, what I really want is for the phone to be fixed. But darn -- -I really should have pursued the shoddy service and asked for half of my fees back. I didn't, but I might go back! 

She went to the technical people this time and came back to tell me there is some problem with the cell tower in my postal code area and that my phone isn't connecting correctly. Seriously???? How can they tell that? Apparently, there were close to 1,000 other people with the same problem. I have an escalation call, and it should be fixed within 7 - 10 days. 

If it will be that easy to fix the problem, I will have to give myself a good chat! But as I told her, if they know there is an issue, why don't they fix it? I'm guessing that other people, like myself, never bothered to call, so if no one says it's broken, why would they fix it? I'm going to feel like an idiot if it actually gets fixed. That shows that one must ALWAYS call the technical people at head office to resolve an issue and ACTUALLY call, instead of doing nothing and hope it'll go away. 

Let's see what happens in two weeks. But it would make sense that it's a problem with my phone working with that tower, as it seems to work in the places.  

Later, I was off to the mall to get a new phone. Only to discover that I am NOT leasing my phone. WHAT?? Apparently, it got set up with a purchase program, and I now own the phone. Good grief --- how the heck did that happen? There are days when I wonder where my brain is -- I SWEAR that it was on a leasing program. 

Well, I was so excited to be getting a new phone that I went ahead and leased a new phone. I still need to set it up. Apparently, they don't do that anymore. You get the phone, and since both have SmartSwitch on them, all you need to do is switch the sim card, and I know how to do that! I even downloaded my photos before I went, but most of them are sitting on Google Drive, so it's no longer a big deal. I didn't need a new phone, but I got one anyway. And my MIL can make use of the old one, so it's all good. 

Did I actually accomplish anything physical yesterday? Of course, I did! I got ONE more block for the Barn Star Sampler done. 

Barn Star Sampler quilt block


It's hard to tell in the photo, but this block and the one I did yesterday are 24" square -- the blocks are huge, but they go pretty quickly as I have all the components cut. I must keep plugging away at that quilt as I'm behind, and I'll soon be on the road again. I have a ton of samples and writing that need to be done, so I'd better get up to date and move on!!!

Things went well at spin class on Monday - I only did the equivalent of 25 KM instead of my usual 30 KM. But I had already cut back to 28 before my trip because of my knee. I'm still wearing my brace for long walks, but I can put my weight on that knee, and I can stand on one leg, and well, other than a few twinges, it's feeling pretty darn good. So I'll be back at spin class this morning. 

On that note, I'm out of here!!!!


Have a super day!!!


Ciao!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment