Friday, February 17, 2012

The bounty

Remember I recently mentioned the article from O Magazine about shopping. Here is a quote from the article "If you focus on how much you already have, your buying compulsions will remain dormant." (so put LIKE things together so you can see what you have) "As you become more used to this way of dealing with stuff, you'll begin to meet your needs by "shopping" among things you already own."

Yes - this makes TOTAL SENSE. When you FOCUS on what you already have - ORGANIZE it. If it is NOT organized - you will find that it is easier to go to the store to buy what you need, and thus compound the problem because instead of using up - you add to the mess.


So................................    have a look at these pictures.......................


Writing implements by the computer


Writing implements by the kitchen phone

Writing implements at the cutting table
Some of the excess in the desk drawer
THE EXCESS in a box on the shelf





Hmmmmm - don't think I will be buying any pens or pencils in the near future. However let's not forget - the writing implements ARE organized. While they are in several places - they are ORGANIZED and they are together.OK - so I could probably go through them and take out the pencil crayons, the highlighters, the markers, etc. I would bet that half of them are dried up and should be thrown away. When I grab a pen and give it a whirl on paper and it doesn't write - it goes in the garbage. I threw three away yesterday. I guess I could sit down one night when listening to an audio book and test the pens. But at least I am going through them, tossing out the ones that aren't good and more IMPORTANT - I am NOT buying anything new in this department. I might NEVER have to buy another pen in my life!!!!!!!  

Now how did I accumulate all these writing implements?????   That is what happens when you have a kid. MOM - MOM - I NEED these pencils, I NEED these pens - I NEED these markers - and then they use them and at the end of the school year - the darn things end up floating around the house. Anyway - I blame this accumulation on the KID.

Let me keep this visual in my brain when I go to the stationery store - NO MORE PENS. I don't buy this kind of writing implement any more - I want the funky stuff - like Sharpie pens filled with paint or grey Sharpies for shading - that kind of stuff.


That's it for today - I have been busy BUT I cannot share any of it with you. All these block exchanges or homework for the classes and it all has to remain a secret - until the time it can be revealed. Patience.........



Have a great day.....................


Ciao!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment