Monday, February 6, 2012

Sewing FUN FUN FUN days

The last two days have been crazy - TWO Pampered Sit n Sew days and TWO classes on the long arm. Had lots of people over the two days and managed to raise some money for the two charities. The Ride to Conquer Cancer and The Healing Cycle.

Each morning required making lunch (from scratch - yes - there is hope for me) and then getting ready for the girls. I did manage to snag a few photos.................


Day One - the girls are hard at work

Elaine got this quilt top finished (I did NOT yell at her for putting her borders on incorrectly!!!!!)

Lynn worked on her Kaffe Fassett quilt. This is gorgeous. Going to be a class soon. 

Ronda got her Dear Jane blocks almost done - still has the applique to do. And that Ronda!!!!!    She also worked on her Border Creek Mystery. 

So on Day One, Pauline digs out her Border Creek Mystery. She had not started any of it. OH MY GOD - I completely forgot about Border Creek. I was so anxious to pick up Clue 4 at the beginning of January and then had not touched it. Shoot - OK - as soon as the girls left on Friday - I zipped over to Ruti's to get Clue #5.

And I got some of Clue #4 done. But not much. Then Ronda comes on Saturday and laments that she doesn't have Clue #5 so I lend her mine. I got the impression that she had NOT started Clue #4. So I lend her Clue #5. Then next thing I know - she is DONE both #4 and #5. I am still working on #4. DRAT!!!!!!!


Sharon worked on her Farmer's Wife blocks

We are using Marti Michell templates for these blocks and one of the blocks Marti says you can eliminate more seams. So have a look at Sharon's where she did NOT eliminate the seam

And my block where I did eliminate the seams. I DO NOT like it. Someone said that the center is not defined - I have to agree. It seems a bit off balance. Who would have thought!!!!

Karen worked on this Yellow Brick Road. A quilt that had been started by her Mom  (Beryl - who was a student of mine) and sadly passed away last year. I know Beryl would be excited to know that Karen and her sister Helen Anne are slowly working their way through some of those UFOs. Just something to keep in mind - look at your own stuff.

 Speaking of UFO's. I am back at it. Here is the BBB project for this week. I had to add the outer most border on this quilt. The fabric was with the quilt, but have a look at the border. Do you see what I had to do to it????   Yep - had to piece it - not enough fabric. Bottom line - it is DONE (well my version of done!!!)


Maple Leaf tablerunner/wallhanging - done

Here is the binding and the backing.



I took pictures of my February 20(12), but I don't have time to post. It is MONDAY and I have to get going.



Have a great day.



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment