Sunday, February 12, 2012

iPad OVERLOAD

I NEVER go into iTunes. I am too cheap to buy stuff and I already have too much stuff to read, to listen to, etc. etc.

Last night I was listening to an audio-book on CD. One of the CDs was badly scratched and no way could I listen to it. I thought I would check to see if my library had the same book as an audio-book. Well for some reason (already got a question into my friend who is a librarian at my library) why when you go into the Overdrive electronic library on you iPad and the electronic library through the main library site - they appear to be TWO different databases. Now - that could be me, but it might be true?????

I did find the book I wanted - it comes in audio, but I cannot download it to my iPad. The format isn't right. However, I decided that I need to download another book to test - then the software isn't updated - so update that, Oh - I can update this software. Oh I have to go into iTunes to sync the iPad. Oh - look at all these FREE things in iTunes that I can download. So the iPad is having a GORGE fest right now as I am downloading dozens of free audio podcasts, video podcasts, free episodes of programs on TV (OH OH - don't worry there were only a few that were interesting and NOT MUCH FREE) and subscribing to free things. I don't know that I am going to like them, but they are FREE FREE FREE.

Holy cow - it is easy to get carried away with all this FREE stuff. The system might be caught up with the downloads by lunch!!!!!

Perhaps it is time to let the audio CDs go into the age of the dinosaur, HOWEVER - you are MORE likely to get what you want in CDs than on-line. While there are quite a few titles available, almost all have wait lists. Now I could wait as I do with the hard copies, just have to manage those lists so you get the right books at the right time - well the right order. OK - just another process that I have to learn to manage so it fits in my time schedule.


OK - enough of that!!!!    Let's get back to quilting.

Had a GREAT class on machine applique yesterday. Nine people in the class which made for a lively environment. I think everyone went home happy - at the very least - they all learned something in the day and that is what it is all about - learning.

Now here is a thought for you - so last night we all learned that Whitney Houston died. She was FORTY EIGHT. Forty eight is just too young to die. While we don't know where or how she died (well I haven't checked this AM for those details), there were LOTS of inferences to her problems with drugs. Now this is strictly MY OPINION, but have you ever wondered why people turn to drugs. I think they are BORED. They have so much money or time on their hands that they turn to drugs to get MORE - more experience from life, more excitement from life. A BREAK from the boredom of having everything and nothing to do with their time. My solution - all those Hollywood types - need to learn how to quilt!!!!!    BORED - that doesn't exist in my vocabulary. Of course - popping a few pills before quilting a quilt????   Nah - I don't think so.


Anyway - it is just sad that so many people have NOTHING to do with their life.


I don't seem to be getting much done these days. Oh dear - I have blocks to do, LOTS and LOTS of blocks. I am just taking a creative break in the evenings. But I am working on lots - just not getting anything too close to completion. Time to refocus and get ONE thing done. I did manage to get one more border on this quilt. I'll show you it tomorrow.


I will have to post pictures later. The computer is STRUGGLING to keep up with downloading podcasts and pictures at the same time. Perhaps I will let it be and go do some sewing while it downloads everything. Otherwise - it might crash!!!!!



Have a great day!!!!



Ciao!!!!!

1 comment: