Monday, February 27, 2012

The Letter E

I read Shelley's blog from The Quilt Patch the other day and I laughed so hard. Do you want to know why????  

Read her blog first and then come back here........................

I collect the letter "E"


The little purple one we picked up in Amsterdam (you can get them online)

Two more e's 

As you can tell - this one has been around for a while - a tad faded

Another E

I first saw these paper mache E's in Paris. The second largest one. I thought long and hard about it because I would have to carry it with me for the rest of the vacation and it would not fit in my suitcase. I bit the bullet - carried it back to our hotel on my bike (just like the locals would). The rest of the Es I bought in the US. I have BIG intentions to decoupage these guys. 

And more Es that I have had for a while. 
Yes - mine are not as cool as Shelley's, but they will be cool once they are decorated.

But no time for that at the moment - I am still fooling around with Photoshop and digital scrapbooking.
Here is the latest in my creations. Once I got it together late last night, I realized that it isn't balanced so I am going to redo it later today. And look at those black lines - NOT even. A learning experience and I am having FUN doing it. While I know how to do most of what I have done so far, I am NOT doing it efficiently and end up clicking buttons, then reclicking buttons and messing around TRYING to make it do what I want. So I will play with some of these simple designs until I get that stuff down pat - then move onto more complicated stuff. I'm EXCITED!!!!!!

While I have been working on all these monthly blocks - I am getting behind in my exchanges. This weekend was time to do the switch to the next person and I seem to have ended up with lots of them at my house so people can pick them up. Mine even came back to me and I have wanted to get a photo of this for a long time. (Mary conveniently left my stuff on top so I could get the photos without seeing the rest of the blocks) I don't think I posted it on the blog. Anyway - can you read what it says?????


I embroidered my blog site in keyboard shaped letters (yes I know it is crooked - but I left lots of room to compensate for that. When I cut it - it will look straight!!!!!

close up - how cool is that. 
 And back to the letter E - here is my other block as well (no I DID NOT peek at what people had done for me - I have more control than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

How many E words do you know that would describe yourself??????   This one fits me perfectly (I think!!!!)

And that is it for today.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 comment: