Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Let's work in TWOs


Yes - it is bad enough to have one project on the go, but TWO of the same thing??????  

I made this quilt as a sample for a class MANY years ago. Because of the colouring, I ended up with a LOT of leftovers. So ------------------------------   what does one do with leftovers????   You make quilts of course.


Here is the pattern

Here is top number one!!!   (It is only 36" square)

Here is top number TWO!!!!

The borders are all CUT for the second quilt. OK - so the first two (of FOUR) are cut, but the fabrics for the other two are included. The backing fabric was in the box (for both) and the binding fabric, but the binding was not made. This is my BBB project for this week. 

I've got TWO borders on so far. 




Now that is not all that comes in twos. Someone asked what my 12 for (20)12 project was for February - well here it is......................



This is a wall hanging - not that big - 37" by 53" or something like that. Again it was a sample for a class MANY years ago. 

Here is my top - yes - still just a top. 

But wait!!!!    Yep - there were TWO similar quilts

Here is the second one - NO that is NOT a kit, but I did cut all those squares once upon a time, so it is like a kit now. A PRE-CUT kit. 

Here is the applique shapes - not cut out, but traced and fused. 

The backing - just perfect and no need to piece because the wall hangings are only 37" wide.

See - here are all the pre-cut squares. They are in order and just need to be carefully laid out in the pattern

I did NOT want any lumps behind those LARGE applique pieces so  ALL the seam intersections on the back have been twirled. Yes - I am CRAZY!!!!!!!!    But the final result will be worth it.

 In addition to the BBB and the 12 for (20)12, I still have those monthly projects to work on.

This is Part 5 (the first part where we actually have sewn something) of This & That  mystery. Got Part 6 yesterday, but haven't worked on it yet. This is weekly, but the clues are very simple. 



I had found these three fabrics ages ago and had kept them together, but never found anything to do with them.  The mystery called for 6 fabrics - so I found a couple more

The new ones are VERY strong compared to the original, but I don't think I need much of any of them. I may tone them down a tad once it comes to the actual cutting!!!!    But this killed two birds with one stone. Used up that group of fabric and made the mystery. 





My Dear Jane blocks (there is one missing)

Spring has Sprung - the January homework - DONE
Farmer's Wife blocks - January - DONE




Here is the design wall with some of the current stuff including Elm Creek



Wow - and that is only a SMALL portion of the ongoing monthly stuff.

Last night, I had to watch a video and while I sat at the computer and watched the DVD, I cut a TON of applique. It is all fusible and was already prepared so I just sat here with the scissors and cut and cut and cut. Wow - I got some of it fused onto the background this morning, but I can't show you - not yet.


Going hiking this morning so I had better go and get ready.



Have a great day!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment