Friday, October 12, 2012

CREATIVFESTIVAL



Yes - it CreativFestival time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Yesterday was set up day. My "favourite" day of the whole thing. I didn't take pictures, but you arrive at a blank booth - concrete floor surrounded by white curtains. Unload the boxes, set up the tables and 6 hours later (with FIVE people) and VOILA - you have a booth ready!!!!

For some reason, my feet were bothering me yesterday. I HAD to take a walk around to loosen them up. OH BOY - I had better leave the credit card at home. There are so many nice things. I don't need any of them, but I already found a beautiful bicycle pendant handmade from ceramic. They seem to have some ready made items in two of the isles. Not every one was set up when I left so I have no idea what else is there, but these ceramic pendants - well she had ALL kinds of designs and they were nice.

M and I trundled our way down to the Convention Center. Yes M - I got her a Silver Pass for the weekend and she is taking classes - I think two every day but Saturday. We are going to all the big events - the gala evening - the fashion shows. Well I am going to everything that I can as a "vendor". She gets VIP treatment - I get to sit in the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Where is the justice in that??????   I did pay for the darn ticket!!!

She really enjoyed the two classes on pattern fitting/sewing that she took yesterday. MY KID!!!!!    Isn't that cool!!!!   Today she has some free time to wander the floor - see - that is why I have to leave my credit card at home!!!!

There are MANY MANY displays to look at as well. It is the 25th Anniversary of the CreativFestival and there are TONS and TONS of displays to see. The crochet gang are back, the Textile Museum is there, a design challenge celebrating the 25th anniversary year - that you get to vote on, a display of AMAZING cakes (remember this is the CREATIVE FESTIVAL) (NOT a needlework festival), although there are plenty of all things creative.

Speaking of cakes - have a look at this..................


25th Anniversary CAKE!!!!!!!


Isn't that cool?????      I will try to get some detail shots of it this morning before people come in - I should have yesterday before the ropes went up. DARN - it was hot in that hall and my brain was fuzzed!!!!   No I was helping Jeanne and Shelley - not taking pictures!!!!!!!!!


M has to be there early today - she at 9 and me at 10, so I am going to wonder the floor and maybe take some more pictures this morning. It is hard to take some pictures because of "publishing" issues.

Saw my friends Jeanne and Shelley from The Quilt Patch in Moose Jaw. Oh boy - they have some new designs for Christmas. Cute simple and WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT???????????    Maybe I will get another "trophy" to put on my mantel!!!!!    They are in the 700 aisle - if you are coming to the show - stop by and say hi. If you are NOT - then we will see you at our dinner with Jeanne and Shelley on Monday.


And I will be in booth 531 - Sew Fancy. We have tons of stuff - quilting fabrics, laminate fabrics, lots and lots of embroidery patterns, threads - both practical and fancy. Loads of Valdani threads, books about everything - tatting, embroidery stitches, quilting, fibre art, locker hooking, and MUCH MUCH more.

Stop by and say HI!!!!!  


On that note - I am out of here.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment