Wednesday, October 10, 2012

STUMPED!!!!


A while back I was organizing another part of the studio and I am a bit stumped and any help would be appreciated.

This time it was EMBROIDERY FLOSS and PERLE COTTON.

I keep it all in this basket

TWO bags of loose perle cotton

One little container with metallic and silk thread


Scads of embroidery floss - one bag is DMC - the other is "other"

The DMC "book" with some floss on the holders

I started to organize the floss...........


My latest embroidery project
My Valdani "perle" cotton - side one

Valdani - side two

More perle cotton


Now the big dilemma - how to keep this all organized so it is easy to find something????   I remember buying several of those TWO sided cases (the one the Valdani is in), but I think I sold the other two or gave them away. I don't like the case above - not enough room - and very squishy for the balls of thread.

I think I will buy one more double sided case for the perle cotton balls, but what to do with the skeins of perle cotton?????  If there is room in the double sided case, I could always scrunch it up and put them in the little compartments. Then at least all the perle cotton would be in one spot. I hate having more than one spot for things.

But the floss - what the heck do I do with the floss??????   I am not really a fan of those floss bow stitch things, but they do work. I started loading the skeins of floss onto them and placing them in the book by number. That is the way I would search for them so I guess that is the best way. Does anyone else have any ideas????   What works and what doesn't?????  

As many of you know - I have been organizing this studio for YEARS. Don't get discouraged  - it does get easier as you go along. But once all the "like" things are together, then you want to refine. How best to keep the floss, the pencils, the patterns, the - well you get the picture. I think this is the most fun, but some times you get stuck. And then this type of organizing can take a LONG time. There is a LOT of floss and a lot of perle cotton. It will take a while to get it all together. I know it will be worth it in the end.

OH YES - and if you have Anchor or JP Coates floss - do you find the equivalent colour in DMC and substitute it???   Keep them separate ?????  

Decisions - decisions....................


I did manage to get the backing, binding and the borders done on Marian's Halloween quilt.


Didn't even bother to fold this nicely because it went right from the ironing board to the quilting machine. Should get it done by lunch.


And have to put the binding on Ronda's right NOW as she will be by shortly to pick it up.


Oh yes - my adventure yesterday. Well you know that M took that modeling class this past summer. They had a "real" photo shoot and got pictures taken. I will show them in a bit - I don't know where they are or I would scoop a shot of them.

Anyway - they screwed up the tones of some of the photos so some had to be reprinted. We got those back last week. Then she signed a contract with the agency - that was on Wednesday, got called to an audition on Thursday and got the job on Friday!!!   And then we tell our kids - NOTHING comes easy!!!   Stuff like this screws up that parental logic!!!   Anyway - yesterday was the fitting and I had to take her downtown for that. No pictures. And then they went to the location of the show - I couldn't go - drat because M said I would have loved it - a long black hall with WHITE words written all over it. I want to see!!!!!   I want to see!!!!!   I don't think I even get to go to the show which is next week. Oh well - the life of the models mother.

I just need to keep reminding her of reality. While she is getting paid for this - by the time we account for parking (so far at $24), plus the gas, plus the time to and from the appointments - well basically we are PAYING more than she is getting. I think she gets that, but not really!!!!!   I should make her pay for the parking at least. Then reality will settle in.

Let's see how many more of these contracts she gets and where that leads. Anyway - if she doesn't get another one - it was a fun experience.


Oh - the world is SMALL. Mary contacted me to tell me that she has the history book of the area where the Warmingtons lived. James was their son  - in case you were wondering. And she has located where the house is. YEAH MARY!!!!!!!!  


On that note - I better get something done today.



Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment