Sunday, October 21, 2012

Christmas Club reveal for October



Have you ever woken up early - absolutely wide awake. You decide to stay in bed because - well just because. Then you fall asleep and when the alarm rings one hour later - you are EXHAUSTED!!!!!  Always wondered how that works. And although I have lots to do - I decided to take the luxury of just hanging out in bed and reading (DH is away so I wasn't going to disturb him) and finally got up when that BIG BLACK dog demanded that I get up to take her and her sister for a walk!!!!!

I was close to the big central library  in town yesterday afternoon (we are so lucky - there are 18 branches in our library system) and decided to browse the shelves - one of my favourite activities. I know - pretty sad!!!!!   I did manage to find a "couple" of books. Let's just say that I need to return a few before I will be allowed to take any more out. Not too worry - a couple of them were quick reads - humour books on knitting (DO NOT EVEN GO THERE). I have decided that we can lump ALL the creative arts into one category - just happens that knitting and quilting get the most visibility????   The problems with the passion associated with these creative arts is the SAME - you have to hide stash from the husband, your have to cut down on groceries to afford buying what you want - you know the usual stuff.


The books I read last night - Knitticisms and Knitknacks - although they look OLD, they are new books (well 2005 and 2007), but are full of old advertisements and pictures of knitting. Pretty neat to see the "old" styles. 

Here is a quote that I had a good laugh about last night............


"Where you keep your stash may say something about where you stand on the addiction spectrum. If you keep yours where other people can see it, your're probably new to the hobby. If you've spent enough money on the stash that others would be concerned, then you store it as carefully and secretively as you would a kilo of heroin"


Well - I don't store it secretively, but it is OUT OF SIGHT when people come over. It is embarassing if people saw the entire thing!!!!   And all those UFOs - NO NO NO - they must NEVER been seen.

So yes - what people say about knitters and quilters can be applied to all the other creative arts. It is a SICKNESS and I always wonder - do the insane pick up these creative arts because they are insane or do they become insane after knitting/quilting for a period of time?????

I would like to "THANK" Mikey from The Crochet Crowd. I am mad at him and that is all I am going to say!!!!!!!!!!    For the moment.


OK - now on to the reveal for our Christmas Club project.............


We are working on TWO quilts - the first is ....................


A Critter Christmas by Brandywine Designs



We are getting close to the end of the year and the quilts are coming together nicely............



Raili

Mary

Linda P

Close up of Linda P penguin. All her animals (or most) are made from FUR!!!!!

Karen




Tony


They all look amazing and even though everyone complains about being busy - you see how many are done or almost done????   They just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Beth wasn't able to be there, but I am CERTAIN that her work was done. It always is. Virginia was there working on her stuff and the other two - well - I'm not so sure about them.


The second quilt we are working on is O Tannenbaum........................



O Tannenbaum by Quaker Town


Here is the LAST house block - Helen Anne, Raili, Linda VL, Liz,  Marlene and Flo (who is NOT doing house blocks)
Nancy (OK - I have to ask - why the dark part in the sky?????)

And Linda T - a bit of time on her hands perhaps???????


Let's see - we had a couple of others who came, but didn't have their homework done, but where were Suzi and Annadele?????  


Anyway - the quilts are looking beautiful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM.


We also had show n tell - first Karen and Linda VL are KNITTING up a storm. Socks and more socks - fancy glitzy Christmas socks, pink socks - oh Karen had a name for them and I forget what they were called, but you knit them from the toe up!!!   They were quick and easy socks. Socks you could give as a gift and not feel bad. And Karen was sporting a pair that she had made.

Mary showed us this gorgeous quilt ................

Shattered - A GREAT scrap user


I have seen this pattern somewhere and do you think I can remember where?????   It didn't really appeal to me when I saw the pattern, but now that I see a finished quilt (OK - a flimsy), I like it. I have scraps that need to be used up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


On that note - it is time to get something done since other than doing my class yesterday, I got NOTHING else accomplished. Oh no - that is NOT TRUE. I did finish reading a book. A new (to me) author - a Canadian from Toronto. The book is called Old City Hall and was very intriguing right to the very end, but I have a MAJOR question - what about the blood?????   Where was the blood?????   It was neat to read because it talked all about Toronto. It was published in 2009 and he talks about the building of the Trump tower (which is now complete), the Toronto islands and OH MY GOD - the Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. That part was PURE FICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He has written two more books - well I am returning FIVE books this morning to the library - that means I can take out FIVE more. NO NO NO - got to get through a few more before I start getting more.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment