Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spring has sprung - October Reveal


The year is almost OVER!  Well according to our plans for Spring has Sprung. I assigned the LAST homework yesterday, although a good many of the students have been working ahead and have completed tops or pretty close to it. I CANNOT wait to see the tops/quilts next month.

Have a look at the homework here and you will see what I mean................


Kay T

Kay N (love those bright colours)

Mary M

Mary M

Linda M (Look at her CUTE bunnies and baby bunnies)

Linda M

Kathleen

Kathleen

Cathy (who made her bunny - same design  as the pattern but CUTER and not scary!!!)



There are MORE people in the class, but a couple other people are completely done and we have already seen the tops (I will post ALL the pictures next month), one person wasn't there and two are not continuing the project at this time. But I have something for them................


Now here is an incentive to EVERYONE who has taken a class with me - in particular a $10 quilt which started in 2003. I am going to host a TENTH ANNIVERSARY PARTY for the $10 quilt which were held at The Hobby Horse. Oh my - there are going to be a LOT of people and a LOT of quilts. I am not sure if I still have class lists from those early days - I wasn't as organized then as I am now (LOL). Just wait - there is BIG story about that.

The date for this HUGE event is going to be early December 2013. I have to look at my calendar to schedule something in. There isn't room at the Hobby Horse and I was going to offer my studio, but after thinking about it - I don't think that is going to be big enough either. So.................   I am wondering - does anyone know of a space that we could rent for reasonable??????      I have a couple of ideas in mind, but looking for more. We could have tea/coffee and goodies and for a small donation from people to offset the costs - I think we could make it work. It would be SO MUCH FUN.

OH MY GOD - do you see what just happened???????   Think about it?????   Oh YEAH - I just got "elected" to organize another EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!    OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I can't help myself - that just slipped out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (And I said this to M the other day WITH GLEE - she is a MINI-ME!!!!!!!   Yup - she is on the semi-formal committee, the formal committee, working on the yearbook and would be involved in a LOT more clubs - IF there were clubs at school this year)

I really really want the projects we are going to work on in 2013 to be part of this show so that has to go into the mix as well.

The reason I am telling you about this is that you (OK - ME) are going to need time to get those quilts done!!!!!  And so you can book your vacations AROUND this AMAZING event.  I don't care if it is a flimsy, but would be nice to have some REAL quilts and I know many of you have them done already. So dig out those bits and pieces or tops and get them DONE. You will all be receiving an invitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I need to send out some e-mails to check on a location.


And if you missed the blog post on what those quilts were - here is the link where you can review them...........   (and get LABELS on the quilts with the right dates, etc.)


$10 quilts   from the past..................................


On that note - I have a couple more blogs to write this morning.   And I have OLD paperwork to dig out!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment