Thursday, February 14, 2013

Progress report


ACK! - what did I do yesterday?????   My mind is BLANK.  Oh I know why - I usually edit the pictures FIRST, then I write the blog. OK - got to go edit the pictures. I'll be right back!


Oh now I remember and it wasn't even from the pictures. I did BORING paper work. That is why I forgot what I did. I am trying to clean up the paperwork - I know - I lament that often and seem to NOT make progress. I MUST get rid of THREE pieces of paper every day. Maybe that is how I do it because I hate to spend hours doing stuff. And the follow up associated with all this!!!!!   GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!


I had to run around to several appointments as well so it wasn't the most productive day of my life. BUT I did get something done..............


Got ALL the half square triangles DONE for the Intertwined quilt


Do you want to see what it looks like?????

Here are FOUR completed blocks. I will have thirty in my quilt so a bit more work to do. The blocks above were all cut from the same strip so that is why they looks similar. They won't end up together like this in the finished quilt. Well - I hope they won't but you never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The BIG question is how to quilt it. Do I do an overall design or stitch in the ditch to emphasize those shapes since they do run together?????   Got to get the entire quilt top together before I decide.


Got another pair of rows together. Only three more to go - 


Figured out the border for that other quilt that was on the design wall.

The one on the right - I had to figure out how big to make the border between the quilt and that row of half square triangles. But when I really looked at it - it was easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Then I decided to stop by Homesense. They have TONS of cool home decor stuff - INCLUDING neat stuff with bicycle motifs. Well not always, but from time to time.  I found this tray and at first I had no idea what I could use it for. Then I thought about the TV tray that is beside the sewing machine that holds the MESS of enders and leaders. This tray would be perfect to keep them organized.

And see - it does a perfect job at organizing the enders and leaders. Now I know - I could just have ONE ender and leader project here, but more fun to see lots, especially when it is organized. My new method - sew a few and trim them right away. See the red ones on the left (middle) are trimmed?  Then they will be ready to use. And the middle section - that is the rest of the border for the quilt that is on the design wall. Now that I know what I want to do - I will start sewing more of those squares together. 


Oh - and why did I buy this tray? Especially when  cutlery tray might work just as well? Have a look.......


Bicycle theme tray - yes - I know I covered up the bike - but I know it is there. There had other storage boxes - well I will show you those another day. 


Then I listened to TWO CD's last night - that is TWO hours of stitching. My Snow Days project is coming along nicely, but I have to wait before I show you what I am doing.

On that note - I must get myself organized and off for the day. More craziness today and not much time to get some work done.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



PS - If you want to watch something very EXCITING - have a look at this. My mouth opened at the first jump and then opened wider as the video went on!!!!  I DO NOT do this kind of thing.   Thanks to Elaine S for forwarding the link.  OH  YES - it is NOT for the feint of heart!!!!!


How to ride a bike DOWNHILL

No comments:

Post a Comment