Tuesday, February 19, 2013

TEAM WORK


My favourite day of the week - MONDAY. It is Monday Motivators and we get to sew all day. Yeah!!!!!!!!


Yesterday was our day of sewing quilts for some local community groups. You know - I have been cutting and sewing and trimming and kitting for days (or so it seems).


BUT - first  - something really exciting happened yesterday!!!!  YUP - FIRST day of roll up the rim. OH BOY - guess I am going to have to push that detox and sugar abstinence out by a month!!!!!    Hmmmm - this is going to be hard to explain!!!!!


Roll up the Rim (nope - I didn't win anything)   Matter of fact, I don't think ANYONE won yesterday. With 1 in 6 chance of winning - obviously the odds were NOT in our favour



As people arrived, I got them set up for the day and we were working up a storm!!!!!!!



All the kits laid out - waiting..............
Joyce brought her own - all nicely cut and stored in a margarine container!!!!!

Do you want to see what we did????


From this................


A stack of baby themed blocks



We got these...............


Baby quilt number one

Baby quilt number two

From this..............

The pink/purple/white themed blocks



We got this...................

The pink/purple/white themed quilt


From this........................


The red/yellow squares


We got this............


The red/yellow quilt top



From this.............


The green/yellow blocks



We got this.................


The green/yellow quilt top

And then from the kits made from shirtings (I didn't take pictures of the individual kits)

We got these.............



One

Two


Three

and FOUR quilt tops from the shirtings!!!!!!!!



Here is what it looked like at the end of the day..............


All the tops DONE!!!!!!!!!!

A couple of people took home the extra three kits and hopefully they will be done by next week.


Didn't they do an AMAZING job. And we had a secret weapon yesterday. Jeanette offered to be our PRESSER for the day. So she was BUSY and pressed ALL the quilt tops. How AWESOME is that!!!!!!   Wouldn't it be great if EVERY DAY you could have someone press for you?????   Thanks again Jeanette - we really appreciated all your help.

I decided to NOT sew yesterday, but I would take that box of shirtings (what was left) and try to get that under control. Judith came to sew, but her machine ended up being on the fritz, so I put her in charge of serging the shirting pieces together. I cut them and Judith serged them. Between us - we made HUGE progress on that box.

This is what I had left to deal with when I got home

Got one more shirting kit cut and ready to go

And this is what is left in the box. There should be TWO more kits from this!!!!!!!!!!


This is the start of the next series of kits - this is the multi-coloured squres

The multi-coloured squares


There is STILL a lot of flannel to deal with - three more baskets!!!!!!!!!!!!   Once the shirtings and the flannel is taken care of - well that is it for the moment. Then it will be getting the quilts completed. I think we should have TWENTY FOUR quilts in total and this is from SCRAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Another container of scrap

Jeanette brought some show n tell for us yesterday. Do you recognize this quilt??????


This was just done from SCRAPS. I love it and I LOVE the orange. 


Did you figure out which quilt this was?????


Do you recognize it now?????   Yep - it is the same one that is STILL on my wall!!!!!


And she brought in this top.  We ALL fell in love with this one.


It is from a book called Away From Home. A book about the mill girls in Lowell, Mass. 


And what is funny about this, is that I have been doing some research (after reading an article in those magazines I am trying to clear up) about the mill girls. How cool is that!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want more info - here is the link...........


Away From Home (Book)


Thanks Jeanette for bring those in to share with us!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday was Family Day so M was home from school. When I got home, I noticed that she had been working in her studio. Of course - I had to check it out.

Looks awesome - HEY wait a minute - where did she get those Scrabble letters?????
Parental dialogue - that stupid kid - why did she take my Scrabble letters. I am going to kill her when she gets home (she was at work when I got home). I HATE when she doesn't ask me to use my stuff. I check the closet - yep - she TOOK the ENTIRE Scrabble game. Hmmmm - what did she do with the evidence????


See - there is ONLY one Scrabble game in THE closet and there should be TWO


To make matters worse - I see a project box on the floor in her studio and there is stuff all rifled about and partially on the floor.


Parental dialogue - that stupid kid. What was she looking in that project box for????   I am going to have to make rules!!!!!!!!!!
This is the project box - everything WAS VERY neatly organized.  I threw stuff back in - it looked MUCH worse. 




AND THEN - what does a parent do when you are WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yep - when I was putting the stuff BACK in the project box, look what I found..............


A BONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Well - there can only be one culprit for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


CRAP - Text yelled at M for NOTHING. Well - can still yell at her for the Scrabble letters.


OH CRAP - guess what I found this morning after I yelled at her in real life..............

Yep - that would be the Scrabble game I was looking for. I SWEAR I put the two of them together. You know - LIKE things together. Obviously I was having a moment when I put that away. 

Turns out that (like she said), I bought the letters at a craft event that we attended last year. Now - I remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 All is good - I apologized. While I don't mind apologizing - I HATE that I screwed up!!!!!!!!!!!!! My own stupid fault. That is what happens when one gets old and now I am losing my credibility. NOTE TO SELF - be DAMN sure about stuff BEFORE you yell at the kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Anyway - it was a great day. Went to bed early - but not before I got another CD and some more embroidery done. Will I get this block done before the weekend when the class is??????


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1


No comments:

Post a Comment