Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Stonehenge meets Jamestown - Show n Tell


Yesterday - I was in a panic. Trying to get the last block sewn together for the class. And only because I was doing all kinds of stuff that I wasn't supposed to be doing!!!!!!!!   What else is new!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway - I got to class on time and we had an AWESOME show n tell. The class had TWO blocks to complete. Have a look at what they did...............


This is a picture of the EARTH TONE colourway of the original quilt



There are several colourways to the quilt - this is the EARTHTONES - Block 5


Look closely and you will see that not all the blocks are the same - they look the same, but they are NOT. 
Same block - from the second class



Then we have the JEWEL TONES


Again - look at those blocks - they look the same or do they???????
The blocks from the second class


We have three people who are doing their own colour way

Celia
Veronica and Judy


And then we move to the second block - Block Six


First class - I think these are all the same
Second class


And the Jewel Tones
First class - hmmmm - are all those blocks the same??????

The second class - look closely - are they the same?????
Oh dear - these must be from the first class????   Or could be the second. 

 The other colourways...............

Celia

Veronica and Judy (I don't know whose is whose)


Jan brought in her two blocks and one from the previous month



I think that about covers all the blocks. Two people didn't make the class??  And Pat had part of her SECOND top together and I did not get a picture of that since I was holding the quilt. DRAT!!!!!   They are having fun with this and while the blocks look easy - there are some tricky parts.


Last night M and I went to a sewing class together!!!!!!!   We signed up for a dress making class at Sew n Serge. We are making the SAME dress - won't that be fun!!!!!!!!!!    I REFUSE to wear my dress beside her (unless I look much better than she does!!!)  I am using green silk and she is using white satin. Won't we be a pair!!!!   We had to trace out one of the sizes since we are using the same pattern and M got everything cut. Me - the BAD STUDENT (and having left the GOOD scissors at HOME) refused to cut there. I like to do that kind of think where I can lay it out, check twice. I mean there was room and no one else was having trouble, but I am just a DIFFICULT student. Go figure!!!!!


On the way home, M and I got chatting about the gym and she decided that she wanted to come to the gym with me this morning. WHAT?????   AT 6 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!   A teenager at the gym at 6 AM???  Do they even allow that??????   But she went to bed early (so did I) and we were up and at the gym by 6 AM. She did her thing and I did mine - with the group. Afterwards while I waited for her - I hung out in the LifeCafe with my gym friends and had breakfast. An awesome group and fun to boot!!!!!

Now I am back home and it is time to get something done. I've no idea where to start - there is so much to do, but I think a few phone calls and some paperwork MUST be done NOW.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment