Friday, February 1, 2013

What have I done??????


Yesterday wasn't the most productive day in my life, but I did manage to get some quilting done! Well - I mean sewing. I am not ready to show you what I am working on, but soon as I hope to finish it this morning.

HOWEVER while working on this other project, guess what?????   Yep - I managed to get all of Clue FIVE done on Easy Street.


Clue FIVE of Easy Street DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now I have a nice box full of components for Easy Street


Going to try and get Clue SIX done today. Yes - Clue Six is JUST CUTTING. Supposed to be some sewing but I made my background all the same colour so no sewing - just cutting. YIPPEEEEEE   and then just Clue 7 and Clue 8 which is piecing the blocks. And from what I saw with Linda - it is going to be tricky!!!!

One of my favourite Canadian authors is Louise Penny. She lives outside Montreal and writes mystery books. I do not even remember how I happened upon her books, but I love them. Probably a review in the Globe and Mail that DH passes onto me when he finds something he thinks I will like (as if I need help!!!! - but I appreciate that).    She has written nine books - the 9th will be released on my birthday this year!!!!    I started out with book six, then realized it was a series and went back to the beginning. I am on number four now.

Just a note - if you go to the web site above, you will note that some of the books have TWO titles. The books are published in a number of different countries and it appears that some countries did NOT like the title so it was changed. Very confusing!!!!!

Anyway - there is no gore and no shoot em up scenes in these books. They are about emotions, thinking, digging inside the murders brain. Very entertaining and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. The characters are so wonderful.

So last night, I got an opportunity to hear Louise speak. The Oakville Public library hosted her and there was well over TWO HUNDRED people in the audience!!!!!!    The only thing I did not like is that she was "interviewed" and so her and the interviewer SAT DOWN. We couldn't see them. You missed a lot by just listening!!!!!    She was a radio host for CBC for almost 20 years, supported by a wonderful husband and left her job to write.


I contemplated purchasing a book, but then I don't buy novels ever so I decided to NOT break that precedent. I know - that is bad, but I would rather spend my money on something else. I support the libraries.


Louise - signing books
Louise signing books


She is so giving, so grateful and a very nice person. The kind of person you would want for a friend. She is my Facebook friend - does that count???????




The BIG thing of the day - I went to the library again. I know - I could live at the library. Well - after watching that movie (Hungry for Change), I decided that it is TIME to do something. Something very bizarre is happening - while I used to go to the gym and wish that I was the "jock" type, the one with the better (not perfect) but better body. Well, when I tell people that I want to lose 10 pounds - they are kind of shocked. You look great now!!   Well - maybe, but I do really need to lose 10 pounds. Just like they tell you - carry a 10 pound bag of flour around for a day and you will see what it feels like when you put that bag down. Well - I want to do more cycling and I am tired of being the one carrying my 10 pound bag of flour with me on the bike. Most, not all, of the people on the cycle trips are in much better shape than me.

I have decided that the exercise keeps my weight in check, but is NOT helping me to lose weight. I have to change my diet for that.

At the library I found this book..................

Let's face it - I am ADDICTED to sugar. And when it gets to the point that you want to be ill after having a hot chocolate - then you know there is a problem. 



At the gym this morning, I started chatting with this new girl (well she isn't completely new as she was in the group before) and well next thing you know - the entire group knew about my sugar thing. I told them I am going to detox and then do 30 days WITHOUT sugar (or greatly reducing it). I know - HOW DID THAT HAPPEN??????   My mouth opened and those words spewed forth!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am not sure how many are going to follow me, but if I can get a couple more - there are more people to call for support.

Are any of you interested??????   We are going to start AFTER Valentine's Day so people can enjoy their chocolates!!!!


And I need some time to rethink my diet. Because look at what is on the labels of stuff I eat every day..............



So sugar is second here, BUT there is still a LOT of sugar in here



First ingredient on Tim's Hot Chocolate - SUGAR


Honestly I am excited about this. After reading some of the sugar addiction book - sugar affects EVERYTHING. Fatigue, diabetes, fibromyalgia, sleep, arthritis, - well you name it - sugar has an adverse affect on our bodies. I am just tired of carrying this extra weight and I want it GONE!!!!!

Now that I have a good support system in place (and I think I can talk M into this as well) - we can make it happen. Did I mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new gym. And someone who reads my blog decided to take a peek at the gym and joined!!!!!!   It is a lot of money, but when it becomes your life style and a "go to" place - then it really isn't that much money. And I save on HOT WATER at home!!!!

Oh yes - the other thing that is going to change in my life. So NO SUGAR means no processed foods - and that means - I have to cook. Better dig out that magic apron - it is going to get a lot of use!!!!!


ACK ACK ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    There is never a dull day at our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


PS - don't forget to SERIOUSLY think about joining me on my NO SUGAR journey. If people are interested, I will post tips, recipes and support strategies so we can all do this together. And it doesn't mean that you can never eat sugar - it just means that our goal is to eat it in moderation!!!!!!!!!!   And NO CRAVINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


PS - By the way - I got a large steeped tea with ONE sugar this morning. Might as well start slow now. I have to lose the sugar in the tea so it will be off to David's Tea to find one that I can drink without sugar.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the author recommendation...re:sugar. You will find that after about only a week of no refined sugar you will not crave it. At all. Good luck with it. Coffee and tea without sugar are delish!!

    ReplyDelete