Monday, September 9, 2013

More technology woes!!!!!!!!


Whew - I just got the blog for yesterday completed and my friends from India called back to continue working on the computer.

That was 8 AM. They finally logged off at 4:30 PM. I mean - eight and a half hours??????   Are you kidding me??????

OK - so part of the problem is MINE!!!!!!   I have NOT been practicing SAFE computing and had NO PROTECTION on the computer. Hence there were viruses which supposedly were causing the computer to run slow. I think they got rid of all the viruses, but then they decided to try some upgrade to Windows????  and that took forever. And then they tried to get the virus protection software working properly. One of the biggest problems is when you buy a computer, it comes with all kinds of software installed on it - Total Defense, McAfee and many others. They were trying to get rid of those as they were causing conflicts with the new Virus protection. Apparently there is still something NOT right and they are calling me back on Tuesday.

Now I appreciate what they are doing and the computer is functioning much better than it was and much less annoying, BUT good grief - does it really take this long to fix it up?????  And I know some of you have suggested programs that I could use that would probably work better than what they are doing. I must confess that I just think this whole business is a mess and I will leave it to someone else to fix!!!!   That is so sad.

In the meantime, I had a list of things to do yesterday and most of them involved the computer so I was at a loss as to what to do. I know - I forgot they were going to work on the computer and I had a hard time getting my head around doing something else.

HOWEVER - I did do other things and I can't even show them to you.

I did get my Block of the Month almost completed, but that is going in a separate post which you will see in a day or two. I also worked on my challenge for the upcoming Halton Hills show. Again - can't show you, but I am very happy with the progress so far!!!!  Definitely one of those things that involve doing Step one and then figuring out what comes next, although I know what I want in the end - it is just how to get there. So far - so good.

And let me just say that this LIGHT cream cheese which is 95% fat free is GROSS. There is so little fat in it, that it is like eating a rubber product. ICK ICK ICK. I won't be buying that again!!!!!!!

Now I must go and do a bit of clean up while I wait for something to be delivered to the house - then I can go to Monday Motivators. I have missed them all very much over the summer.


Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ciao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment